Page 616 of 637 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 616

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Well we have had a helluva week. Lily started school Wed. Wed she also started back on her meds and the school over dosed her. So instead of having 30mg of adderall, she had 60mg. Needless to say, she did not sleep AT ALL that night and neither did I. The not sleeping was tough because THUR was MY first day back with kids and to say I was exhausted was an understatement. I would have kept her home but a sub doing the first day of school is not ideal. She is back in routine, we had better sleep last night. Food? Lets not talk about food. After I found out she had been overdosed, I binged.. hard. I was calm and on the phone with doc's/nurses for over an hour getting information..I was fine.. and then it hit. Oh, and did I tell you I had to work at TSC that night. I tried to call in, because I was a wreck and they were so short staffed, I went in. Mom was watching her for reaction signs.. there were none.

I have got to get back to the 1100 calories. I am really thinking I need to do smoothies/protein shakes to help control my calories. I am almost to the point of saying who the F cares whats in the protein mix if it has the right calories. Lets be honest, I AM to the point of saying F-it.. eat what you want to get 1100 calories. The downside of that is the inflammation that follows with some of those foods. However in high stress moments like the last 48 hours.. yeah, F it.

So far my kids are cute this year but of course we have some little pistols. I just ante up and look for strategies to reach them.

Our newest member of the family, Lulu has been interesting. she is so sweet. However because of her conditions before she came to us, she has issues. We love her anyway and she shows us daily how much she loves us. She is an outside dog so we are making plans to see to her comfort for all weather conditions and also making contingency plans with the polar vortex that we seem to be experiencing. Anyone else notice its not so damn hot this summer?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Eek. Sorry to hear about all that.

We have a rescue dog. He has some issues, but we've worked through a lot of them. Not all, but a lot. We love him to pieces.

A protein shake might be a good fix. There are a lot of mixes that are okay. If you want some help in terms of brainstorming, let us know.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. So sorry for the med trauma.

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Protein powder I use is Z natural. Order online it only has whey protein isolate and <1% soy lecithin. No flavorings or sweeteners you add what you want. http://www.znaturalfoods.com/Ultra-W...solate?cPath=5.

I like the smoothie for calorie control because you can measure as things go in and only put in what you have available calories for.

So glad the med issue ended up ok. Why wouldn't they call if they had a question.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-16-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    If you are not worried about ingredients, you could go back to Body Fortress which is sold at WalMart. Inexpensive and tastes great. I seem to remember that you liked it.

thanks ladies..

why would they not call?? excellent question and one I do not have an answer for I got apologies without admitting fault..yeah F you school!

Paula-- I forgot about that mix.. you are right, cheap and taste great! At this point, calorie control is most important.

Ruth- ideas would be great. I need quick, on the go.. it seems my life is nothing else but that.

My joints hurt all over..my feet were numb by the time my shift was over tonight. You know that feeling when a body part is numbs and you tap it.. all you feel is the vibration? yup.. thats my feet. Podiatrist appointment in Sept. I will be told, as I always am.. lose weight.. makes me want to do physical harm when the doctors say that. ummm.. yeah, because that thought never occurred to me! I am going to ask for something stronger than the 800 ibuprofen though as a daily because, damn.

A run to walmart in the near future will happen.. but have to work tomorrow... ooo maybe I can go at break.
    Karin

Okay, how are you??

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I bet if you search "quick low calorie Primal" on Pinterest you will find a ton of things come up.

I am no where near low calorie like I should be. Fell in a hole Sunday on the way to mow the back yard and the rotator cuff is strained. Doc does not think it is torn though and there are no breaks. I swear to goodness, I am a walking disaster and need my own bubble. I am having an issue with a heel spur as well..I see the doc in a couple weeks and am going to ask about having it removed. It really affects day to day walking (not including working out) and its pain 24/7.

We have the dates for the Equine Therapy weekend in October, yeah..

Will check pintrest out. I have some things pinned on a low cal board there already. I need to actively just make it a mind set and do it. That is the tough part.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad nothing is torn!!!

I hear nothing but good things on the equine therapy....

I'll start helping your look for easy/quick/low calorie recipes. What do you like? What do you not like?