Page 61 of 637 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 61

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I LOL'd!!!

Red- that is too too funny!!! Vile things... LMAO!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Sometimes the family will surprise you, huh? I've been harping (er, nagging) on my husband...though I shouldn't. When I let up, it's amazing how he falls into line. Yesterday, he proudly tells me that he didn't snack (although he was pacing for dinner). I've got to leave him alone a bit more...he comes around when I'm not as much of a nag

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Too funny! Just shows how much influence we really have on them.

I have given up on dh changing his eating habits. I am actually making him home made bread tonight. I love the smell, but the taste to me is not worth the calories, it is not a tempt to me. We are having company and I made beef and cabbage soup. It is my lazy way of making my grandmother's stuffed cabbage minus the rice. Tastes exact, man I miss her. She made all her bread, never store bought, so the soup really needs the smell of yeast for authenticity.

DD was nagging me yesterday that this is going to ruin my kidneys (she is a vegetarian!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Is it (soup) a recipe you're willing to share? Sounds good... I like stuffed cabbage, but I'm generally too lazy to make it.

tonight for dinner we had bbq baby back ribs.. ok.. the sauce not primal, paleo or whole 30 but TOM is here!! (Can I use that??) besides.. they were light on the sauce AND AND.. my daughter was like all over those ribs!! Before they were ready she was helping me snap the ends of beans and she ate more than she put in the bowl to cook.. she has primal tendencies
    Karin

ribs sound good! I knew your daughter would catch on eventually, she sounds like she is fighting you less and less on this.

Karin, I am gonna high-jack your journal here to insert this recipe....

RMS, the recipe is EASY, and flexible...2 lbs lean meat browned in a huge soup pot, drain excess fat if you so desire-I usually just add dried minced onion here-if you want to use a whole onion you can put it in with the meat. All veggies are chopped to pretty large pieces...3 zucchini, 3 yellow squash, 3 stalks of celery, 3 carrots, one medium head of cabbage. Add all that to the pot. Add 2 large cans of diced tomatoes and 4C broth (and optionally a large can of tomato juice-I usually skip this though). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for hours-how many hours depends on how many hours you have-then put a lid on it turn it off and let it sit overnight. That last step drives my hubby crazy-if it bothers you go ahead and put it in the fridge. Then the next day, back on the burner, bring it to a boil, then lower to a simmer and serve when you are ready to eat.

Now to make it spectacular...I make a mix of 4C of nutritional yeast flakes (not sure if these are primal), 3T Spike, and 3 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt). I keep this on hand in a large air tight container. It get sprinkled, generously, over the top of the soup. For those who, like the rest of my family cannot give up popcorn, this mix is great on that too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Hey Karin, how are you today? Thanks for letting Chris take some space on your journal for her soup recipe I don't know what Spike is...and I'm going to have to find some nutritional yeast (don't know that one either). I occasionally make some organic popcorn for the family. Not great, but there are worse things they could be eating!

I get both at Whole Foods usually, although you can probably find Spike in a well stocked grocery, maybe even the yeast now. Spike is a seasoning blend, they have it with and without salt (I usually use the with since there is so little of it in the whole batch). I usually get the nutritional yeast in the bulk bins section as it is cheaper there. It has many uses for vegetarians and it is chock full of B vitamins. Any way, be sure to get nutritional yeast and not brewer's yeast, VERY different taste.
    Chris
    Unknown

Karin, just got this in my inbox, but as I am at work I didn't actually view it. However there may be useful info in it...
    If you too suffer from occasional or chronic back or
    neck pain, watch this video to learn how I fixed my back:
    Health Back Institute Review
    (you’ll also see a free offer for a book I highly recommend)

I get a news letter from Jon Gabriel, from when I tried the Gabriel Method of weight loss.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    283 this morning down 3 big a$$ bounce again??? (silently praying, please dont go up)

you are welcome to hijack my space when you need to ladies Soup sounds good.. still not sure about cooked cabbage for me though, never been a true fan but willing to give it a go.

DD is coming along, course poor baby, you should have seen her face fall when I told her the ice cream she ate later was not primal. I then said its ok though, little by little and a treat now and then is ok- she smiled.

Chris- thanks for the link for the back. I think what sucks almost as the pain as the taking a few steps when I stand up.. I feel and know I look like a 200 year old person. UGH! The link looks great. I will be purchasing the book come payday The good news is they have a pdf of the book and I am starting with that! Thank you again.. anything to get rid of this or lesson the pain is an improvement.

what am I eating:
    B: steak and eggs, bullet proof coffee (oh my- nirvana in a cup)
    L: steak and grapefruit
    D: tbd

I emailed Matt and he asked if I was still tracking. I am tracking but notice my fats and carbs are met, calories and protein not so much. Haven't heard back but he likes the clean eating I think.

I am glad its Friday.. its been a long-short week.
    Karin