Page 609 of 622 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 6211

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 609

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok so here is my take fwiw... You already know your maintenance caloric needs to be much higher than what he said. Each person is an individual and he is giving you a general number. Your personal experience is much more significant. You know that when you try to sustain that low a caloric balance on a daily basis you end up binging.

I agree with what Ruth had to say also, once you get into the swing of some version of IF it is much easier to eat lower calories. My suggestion is to take your maintenance calorie number multiply by 7. Subtract no more than 3500 and that is your weekly intake for a loss. Then figure out the easiest way for you to maintain that number and not go over. No matter what. If that means you equally divide it daily and then into 3 meals ok, if it means you do a total fast for 2 days then ok, but don't go over that number from Sunday to Saturday.

For me going into menopause hasn't changed anything. FWIW...http://www.overcomeobesity.org/overc...s-it-possible/

Also suspect the new Jon's required movement can't hurt.
    Here for you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am really looking at what Ruth laid out. Not sure which is best. I have to keep in mind that summer and the school year are different and NOW is when I need to experiment, not when school starts. I know when I am not working evenings, I like the family to eat together (easier said than done sometimes). This may mean coffee in the AM, a snack at "lunch" and then dinner. I know there will be nights I have to pack my dinner and eat on the way to the PT job during the year. so, right now this is what I am playing with to see if its sustainable.

On a side note: not a fan of low calorie anything. I am making soup though because I know veggie soup is pretty low in calories and made with nourishing bone broth there is just more for the body vs. the fat free broth you buy canned. I am thinking soup is part of my life now as I can only take salads so far before I have had enough. I also want to look at the calorie per oz ratio for beef, poultry and fish although I suspect poultry and fish are less for the calories.

One horrible step at a time.. hoping this attitude improves. That 1100 is just making me cringe.

As for the movement, let me start by saying the new PT job will get that accomplished when I can not get to the Y. I walked all the isles when I swept up, stocked/straightened etc shelves, dusted etc. I was sore last night but only slightly this morning. Did I work up a sweat? yup. Working in the evening will not allow for a break since I will not work long enough for one which helps with the nighttime eating. Trust me, when I get home I just want to go to bed.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

1:26 and I have only had a diet coke so far.. met with my department for school to work on stuff..not feeling hungry, much
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I don't know this, but I think an eating window (1 snack plus meal) might be the easiest. When I am stressed, I cannot do ADF. I also do better, when stressed, with routine and consistency. The 1 meal thing is working well, though you know I've been working on it all dinner. I started at 10 am (4 pm is proving to be a bit of a mental struggle!!!!).

I lasted until 2pm.. But sketched out calories for the day and coming in short..May need to do a coffee with cm in the am.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

I'm letting my middle guy drive me around...it's how I'm going to come up to 4 today :-) :-)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I don't know what time I have been eating first but very late. Just too busy. Then I have been stopping by 6:30 or 7. Start drinking large glasses of iced teas then and it keeps me full
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Yes - iced tea is very helpful to me too these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the diet coke thing today but plan to do some iced coffee and tea. I want it make some cold brew coffee, it will work great iced.

Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Calories yesterday 1136, so.. Check

Having coffee with cm this morning and then that's it until this afternoon. The tummy feels empty but it's not unpleasant or anything I can't live with..

Karin