Page 55 of 610 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 55

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok.. I have to say, I am loving this tens unit. It makes such a difference in my back AND I can hook up and keep doing what I am doing because its portable.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Karin, just wanted to let you know that I am here reading on my phone as we do the tourist thing.

I have had a disasterous food week. My hubs and I are restarting together on Monday.

The only exercise I have done this week was walking around Legoland yesterday. I'm ready to go home. I miss my pets, my space and my bed.

287.5 holding, but I will take it as opposed to a gain.

Last night I went to see one of my students in her first battle of roller derby. LOL WOW! You got to be tough. Those girls took some hard hits and falls. The MC's of the events are women who are in an adult league. Interesting observation: I know they skate and practice (its quite a workout) but they were CHUNKY. I am sure that is due to the way they eat and exercise does not really cancel out the crap. I am hoping to see some results with the water aerobics class I am going to take. I got a good look at my arms and the ummm lack of firmness and its unattractive and disheartening. I am not inclined to lift weights because my back is still sketchy- scared I will make it worse.
    Karin

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's an interesting note on derby girls, I've noticed that they tend to be on the heavier side and I have no idea why that is. Maybe the sport just attracts that kind of lady? Getting to slam into people as part of the game must feel good if you have low self esteem haha (that's terrible of me, but it's just a hypothesis!). If I didn't think I'd be broken doing it, I'd totally try.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I for sure would not mess with those roller derby ladies!

I'm wanting to work really hard on my arms as well. I want to wear tank tops this summer!

287.. down .5, I'll take it! not sure what tomorrow will bring though as tonight is the new years dinner party at Olive Garden. I am ordering smart off the menu (as clean as I can) but you know when you eat away from home.... tomorrow I start the whole30 (with speed) and basically clean up my eating and get rid of some of these sugar cravings. The only difference I will be doing from what I am doing now looks like no dairy (hello coconut milk) and no sweeteners (even stevia-UGH!) I can do this! I have done this before and was successful, until I reintroduced a diet coke into my life.

Happy New Years to my partners in crime!!! Good things are coming this next year!!
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yay for down. Hang tight tonight, and enjoy time with friends. I thought giving up diet coke was more difficult than gluten.

This summer I was off diet coke mainly because I was restricted to bed after surgery and no one would bring me one. LOL So, weeks with no diet coke and then school started and most of the teachers I work with are DC addicts.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'll join you in whole 30 and dropping dairy. All sweeteners, I'm not sure if I could, but i should.
    I'm also going on a spending fast. I will only buy essentials for myself. I invited my husband to join me if he wants.

oooo.. I like the idea of a spending fast.. I'M IN!

on a side note: getting ready to go out for the New Year's Eve dinner.. wearing a blingy top I bought in September and ummm.. I am going to have to be careful the girls do not make an appearance. I think the sisters are losing weight! LMAO!!
    Karin