Thread: The Journey begins with me page 54

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can not choose your family- unfortunately. *the stress builds*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So sorry about family stress. Im glad the tens unit is working. Is this disc problem something that will heal, or will it need surgery?

Im in the same boat with the food. I allowed really dirty eating through yesterday. Today I am going strict again until New Years eve.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have decided that I will not be stressed by family this week, no matter what. It is odd how much difference that has made, of course we are only on day one of the vacation together.

How was the onion soup?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Paula- the doc says that I will not need surgery unless the disk slips out completely. So far its pinching and stressing the muscle.

Chris- You know I try and accept my dad for who/what he is. I know I can not change his preference for bourbon rather than talk to his graddaughter on the phone. It just pisses me off every time. I see my friends families and do not see these issues with them. All I can do is shelter dd the best I can and make sure she knows its him and not her.

The onion soup went well. It turned out to be a good idea to make soup as mom is sick with a nasty cold. I think the bone broth in the soup made it taste smooth. You know, there is such a difference between french onion soup from a restaurant and homemade. I think restaurants use more salt and more processed ingredients.

This morning weight 291.5 what an ugly number. It matches the eating I have done since Saturday though. Clean eating until Sat. New Years eve we always go to dinner with friends. There will be a total number of 11 of us. We eat at the Olive Garden and ring in the new year at 6pm (the same time as in Italy) because we are all teachers and do not stay up late. Its a good thing that the Olive Garden has pasta-less dishes.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Karin, your stresses are so much different than mine. Mine I can generally will away. It is different when you are trying to protect your child from hurt or pain. She will eventually understand that he is sick and that is not about her, but I know it is very hard for all of you, and I hope it doesn't put too much of a dark cloud over the holiday.

Sorry your mom is sick now, you guys seem to be taking turns taking care of each other!

I bought some bone for broth a few week ago, but forgot about them in the fridge, so finally pitched them, luckily did not spend much on them! So jealous of homemade onion soup!

I am grateful that I have no choice but not to get on a scale today or this week. I am so puffy from yesterday, it cannot be good. Time to move on!

A couple of years ago, my parents and an aunt and uncle visited us for the holidays. It was wonderful! On New Year's Eve we went to a local club (The "Famous" Bluebird Cafe) and celebrated. They had an early and late show, we did the early, and at the stroke of 9 rang in the new year, then went home and went to bed!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

well, I had extra bone broth so I froze it. Tonight what sounded good was a type of beef stroganoff-ish soup. I chopped an onion, 1 1/2 containers of mushrooms- this sauteed in butter. When sauté complete, add some chopped up steak that I grilled last night, 3 c bone broth, that awesome sprinkle, a little salt and pepper. Mom ate it like this.. I wanted it creamy so to 1/2 the pot, I added some heavy cream. Oh yum.. and I don't even like soup. LOL

Also, thinking about starting a whole 30 for January (going along with speed) just to detox off the sugar and crap I have ingested. Basically I would eat super clean (in addition to stuff I do not eat I would include processed meats and dairy)
    Karin

292.5 Boy I So do not like the 290's. One thing I am going to do to try and control calories is make more soup for dinner. I am not a soup person per se, but for the last 2 nights my soups have kicked it good!! I am out of fresh mushrooms and am not inclined to head to the grocery store to get more at this time but the soup I made last night is a keeper! I also need to get some more marrow bones and whip up some more broth. I am not against the store bought broth, however mine is MUCH LOWER in sodium etc. So, tonight's soup?? hmmm.. TBD

Dentist visits today.. we are cavity free! Also a friend gave me 2 bags of stamps (I am so excited). I will be kicking up my crafting a notch!
    Karin

289.5.. back in the 280's (barely).. down down.. watching what goes in my mouth. Today is crafting day..going to craft with a friend. I have another friend who suggests I put my cards and crafts up for sale. Ummm.. thinking about it as yet another friend is wanting to start a crafting business and would like items from others on consignment. She would start by going to craft shows (taking the goods to sell) and then later maybe opening a store. So, I am going to work with some ideas I have and see if I am up to this. A gal I worked with has quit crafting and gave me all her stamps so WOW.. a lot more to work with. I craft as a means of relaxation and just to exercise my creativity but hey.. if it can be used for another purpose-OK!

B: coffee
    L: TBD w/a friend
    D: salmon

Oh.. and tomorrow evening I am going to one of my students roller derby "battles". Ok.. never been to a roller derby but it sounds fun! LOL
    Karin

287.5..its coming down again!! I seem to be the lone poster because I'm on a stay-cation..lol

Last night dd was invited to spend the night with her bff (they have literally known each other since birth). Good news for me because I got the opportunity to clean her room as she struggles with organization etc due to her OCD. So.. workout last night was the army crawl under her bed.. reaching for her toys, stretching for the trash bags.. you get the idea..LOL I am organizing as I go and throwing bags of crap out. This girl saves every small scrap of paper, drives me crazy. I will finish most of it today before I go and get her after swinging by goodwill for a drop off. Then I think on MLK day, I have it off, she does not, the plan is to cull the herd of barbies. What do you call a herd of barbies.. a herd of hussies?? LOL

Lunch yesterday: applebees burger, no bun and I.ate.the.fries!
    dinner: not really hungry, had a little sparkling juice

today:
    B: coffee??
    L: fratatta with steak, asparagus, avocado on the side
    D: TBD
    Karin

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    287.5..its coming down again!! I seem to be the lone poster because I'm on a stay-cation..lol

Last night dd was invited to spend the night with her bff (they have literally known each other since birth). Good news for me because I got the opportunity to clean her room as she struggles with organization etc due to her OCD. So.. workout last night was the army crawl under her bed.. reaching for her toys, stretching for the trash bags.. you get the idea..LOL I am organizing as I go and throwing bags of crap out. This girl saves every small scrap of paper, drives me crazy. I will finish most of it today before I go and get her after swinging by goodwill for a drop off. Then I think on MLK day, I have it off, she does not, the plan is to cull the herd of barbies. What do you call a herd of barbies.. a herd of hussies?? LOL

Lunch yesterday: applebees burger, no bun and I.ate.the.fries!
    dinner: not really hungry, had a little sparkling juice

today:
    B: coffee??
    L: fratatta with steak, asparagus, avocado on the side
    D: TBD
    Yay. Steak, eggs, asparagus, and avocado. Prepare for a delicious weight loss supplement .
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"