Page 53 of 612 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 53

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    In my family, there's not necessarily a traditional Christmas dinner...there just better be a lot of food and something sweet. I'm making a prime rib, lots of veggies, probably some potatoes for the family, and flourless chocolate mango cake. I won't be eating the potatoes (there will be too many other good things) and we'll see what I'm feeling about the cake.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    steaks grilled sounds wonderful!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    hating the holidays and all of the unusual food that is not usually in the house!! I am weak.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Can you get it out of the house? Or at least the biggest offenders?

I know you have lots of crafts you are working on, and it is hard to eat while crafting, shift your focus away from the food and towards the things to do. I know that this is easier said than done. But it is also easier if you are not tired. So take a nap!

I am so grateful that we go to the beach for the week. Breakfast and lunch are grab whatever is in the fridge, dinner is something made with fresh caught shrimp. Very few sweets, and usually they do the chips and velveeta/rotel dip, but I don't really care for it, so if I just walk away I am good to go! I usually just do coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. Lunch is usually cheese and nuts. Very simple stuff. There isn't actually a full fledged grocery store on the island so we have to bring a lot of stuff. And the store on the main land is very pricey and limited as well. So we bring produce with us.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I did not weigh in.. ugh.. why bother I figure when I am disinclined to move due to pain. I have also been eating a little crap here and there that I need to just quit. Holidays are seldom happy times for me- need to just let go, I know.

Good news: I new pair of pants I bought for school now REQUIRE a belt as they slip over my hips with no effort. UGH!! I am now a little limited on my clothing again.. but its a good thing, for now I suppose

Good news #2: Yesterday I hooked myself up to the tens unit. Its portable and wonderful. I did therapy all day and this morning the pain is so much less. In all honesty, I felt a difference before bed last night. Its amazing. I am also doing my stretches and taking some pain meds but I can get up and move with only mild discomfort as opposed to raging pain. Thats progress!! So excited to be on the other side of this so I can move forward by starting my water aerobics and doing EM.

Goals today:

1. push fluids (tea, ACV, magnesium)
    2. eat clean (I kind of blew it this morning before putting goals on paper but that was then.. moving on..)
    3. Its cold outside but the sun is shining. Perhaps get some sun today
    4. laundry (movement)
    5. my stretches
    Karin

In the oven I have beef marrow bones roasting so I can make a rich broth to make my french onion soup. I think this is going to take all day as good rich broth takes time. I am wanting to break out the dehydrator maybe today and get read to make some jerky as well. yum yum
    Karin

So good that your back is getting better! There is something about being tired or feeling crappy that makes my body think if I eat something I will feel better. And having all the traditional foods that you don't normally have around just makes it that much worse!

Sun will do you good, even if you just take a chair out and sit for 30 minutes.

congrats on the pants! I am currently walking around in my favorite pair. They are way too big, so sad, so I am getting the last wears out of them before they get donated in the new year.
    Chris
    Unknown

Did not eat as clean as I would have liked. I tell you, I will be glad when the holidays are over and I am back in my routine. I got a little sun today (ran a few errands), been pushing some fluids and acv. Back is feeling good! I feel a mild discomfort but nothing like I have felt the last few weeks. Hoorah!
    Karin

Yay for the back feeling good!