Page 52 of 637 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 52

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    lol @ frosting binge. Currently icing now (in a seated position), again and while it IS cold, I have an electric blanket on as well over my legs so its not too bad. Oh, and yes, it IS cold out there!!! Oh and the kinesiologist told me I can not "sit" longer than 45 min at a time. Ugh.. so, just got back from the apple market picking up a few things. To me, that counts as being up enough for a while.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You're smart. Not sure I would have thought about the blanket!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I just thought the same thing, I wouldn't have thought of the blanket!

Unless I am knitting or at work, I don't usually sit longer than 45 to an hour, I get antsy. Used to drive my mother in law crazy when she would visit us.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

well.. I went to the chiropractor, went shopping, went back to the md (got some muscle relaxers and motrin 800's) and an rx for a tines unit (electrodes for pain as well). Doc also showed me 2 exercises to do 2x per day.. umm yeah, they hurt. I will do them but I will not like it. Oh and I made a mistake of looking at the scale at the docs.. 290..UGH!!! I just want to get back on track!! Ok, I have not been tracking food but I have not been in excess either. Tomorrow I start tracking again though.

Bought some bones with marrow to make beef broth.. I want to make homemade french onion soup minus bread and cheese so then is it just onion soup?
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I had the very best onion soup in the world at a restaurant in St. Augustine (Le Pavillion) I think they made it with purple onions. they used at least twice as many onions as most, and they were diced instead of strips (so much easier to eat!) and they didn't use the bread just a layer of cheese.

I have to use up the leftovers in the house, so I will have to be extra careful weighing what I eat and tracking every morsel. Lunch was a disaster-ate standing at the pantry cause I was on my way out, not a good idea.

it sounds like you are attacking the back from every possible angle, you are either going to get the pain to go away or sleep through it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

it sounds like you are attacking the back from every possible angle, you are either going to get the pain to go away or sleep through it!
    THAT IS MY GOAL!! It seems to be my hell for the moment LMAO
    Karin

Hope you feel better soon! And, the scale? If you measured later in the day, with all your clothing (and shoes), it's sure to be up.

oh yes, fully clothed, later in the day so I have eaten etc. *sigh*
    Karin

See, there you go, that weight means nothing. I can have a 4 lb difference between morning and night (not that I've ever weighed 2x in the same day or anything...), plus another 3-4 pounds for clothing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good Morning.. I weighed this morning but I am not impressed with the number 288. I know there is swelling so I am trying not to dwell on it.

today's agenda: I have an appointment to get my tines machine (electric probe) for my muscles and then home to get ready for the holiday. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve already?? *sigh*

today I will be mopping the kitchen floor, making breakfast sausage for Christmas day (it needs to age a bit), making the cranberry relish and pumpkin pie. I think since the weather will be fairly mild (mid 40's) I will just grill out on Christmas. Why not? Throw some steaks on the grill with some traditional foods.. sounds good to me. I will also be resting the back, although I am not to remain seated for longer than 45 min. When I craft, hopefully later today I am going to have to set a timer.

I am taking the magnesium which is good for the muscles, icing every hour, doing the ouchie stretches the doc told me to do, taking muscle relaxes and motrin 800's. So.. hopefully its all coming together. If I feel much improved then I will cancel the kinesiologist appt on Tues.

B: 2 eggs and bacon
    L: pumpkin protein
    D: salmon patties and some veggie
    Karin