Page 49 of 617 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 49

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know...We will be with my inlaws in Fla. I can do breakfast ok, but lunch and dinner are going to be tough. I know me. If I let go and start eating crap, it will be a free for all.

I have set a goal to be the same weight or less on Jan 2nd than I am this Friday. I plan to use their gym daily. Unfortunately this week and next correspond to PMS and TOM.

I think the environment chapter will be very important in the coming week. Have a good day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Its the sleep, I tell ya! It absolutely has to be about water Karin. I would cut out all processed meats (if you haven't already), and when I dropped my diuretic I looked up food sources that act as diuretics...green tea, parsley, veggies. I am actually, currently, not drinking any straight water...I get coffee, a T of ACV in a liter of water (twice a day), and 6 mugs of tea, 3 of which are green. I add parsley or dill (this one acts as a blood thinner) to every protein source. And lots of veggies.

And stress it would be foolish to do any serious exercise right now, with your back, it is not going to keep you from losing weight, especially since you are eating so little right now, so don't stress about it. Plan 10 to 30 minutes for the psychology, reading, listening to meditation, take a nap-lower your stress.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Its the sleep, I tell ya! It absolutely has to be about water Karin. I would cut out all processed meats (if you haven't already), and when I dropped my diuretic I looked up food sources that act as diuretics...green tea, parsley, veggies. I am actually, currently, not drinking any straight water...I get coffee, a T of ACV in a liter of water (twice a day), and 6 mugs of tea, 3 of which are green. I add parsley or dill (this one acts as a blood thinner) to every protein source. And lots of veggies.

And stress it would be foolish to do any serious exercise right now, with your back, it is not going to keep you from losing weight, especially since you are eating so little right now, so don't stress about it. Plan 10 to 30 minutes for the psychology, reading, listening to meditation, take a nap-lower your stress.
    thank you.

And crap I am weepy too!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I have 30 minute meditations that I can listen to and they have the same effect at taking a nap. They wake you up at the end. Is there somewhere you could tuck yourself away and do something like that? I set an alarm as well, cause if I am really tired I don't wake up when it tells me to, but in either case I do end up feeling refreshed. You could hook up earphones to your computer on your lunch hour. Even if you do it while you are eating it would let your brain rest.

I feel like I need to give you a big hug! Rob's Hypnosis Session with Binaural Beats .... Series 19 n.3 ... antistress - YouTube
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

*sigh*

Its raining.. going to turn to snow.. I am in pain..I forgot my lunch.. I am surrounded by the sweets my students have brought me (chocolate covered carmel corn, coated pretzels, candy GALORE etc.) I'm gonna crack I tell you!! (as I sip a diet coke)

Its MAD I tell you!! Simply MAD!! lol
    Karin

You can resist...You have the power. Anything edible in the cafeteria? I'm so glad that only a few HS students think of giving gifts to teachers.

to get to the cafeteria, I would have to brave the torrential rain and then its probably only a chef salad. *sigh* Perhaps on my planning time I can go out and grab something.. I cracked a little (desperation).
    Karin

Unfortunately will power is very low when you don't have enough sleep. Try to remind yourself that you will feel even crappier after you eat it, you are not used to it and the sugar crash will be significant. Then remind yourself you are only human and this is only one day. But if you go crazy it could set you back a week!
    Chris
    Unknown

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If there's an IKEA near you or you can afford the shipping, their mattresses are VERY affordable. I've had mine for about a year now and while boyfriend and I usually use his bed (super squishy mattress-topped, can't be flipped), mine is much more comfortable. After lying on my mattress for a minute, you can feel it slightly conform to your weight, but not so much that it holds your body at odd angles, which overly fluffed mattresses will. I get sore when I sleep in my boyfriend's bed, but I always sleep well in mine!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    But if you go crazy it could set you back a week!
    Amen. Don't I know it.