Page 482 of 635 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 6348

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 482

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    How about Paleo podcasts? I am starting to use them as I clean and exercise.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ooo Paula!! Those I can download onto my ipod.. EXCELLANT. I always want to listen but never have the time to listen and focus on what they are talking about. LOVE it!

Ok..lost count on my ACV water, have a headache (carb hangover?), took some meds and am going to lie down so it will go away. Then.. treadmill- its you and me baby!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    oh girly, I am back from my rendezvous with the treadmill. Turns out I had 1 hour and 15 minutes left in the movie (actually I think that is where Dudla left off, but whatever) so I just kept going. I also drank 50 oz of water while on there. I need to go back to doing ACV in that bottle again, I had let that slip.

ok.. back from my stroll with the treadmill..tonights selection was Jeopardy. I walked for @ 20 minutes. I can not say I "feel" it but I was starting to glow Then a dinner of taco salad (mine was leaf lettuce, chili colorado and salsa- I need more veggies in it next time). What amazes me is I announced taco salad for dinner, Lily's response is oh what a perfect way to end the day. Ummm.. ok.. she likes taco salad?! She has had it a few times but I kind of thought it was reluctantly but no, she snarfed it up. Granted she had a very mild version (lettuce, beef and cheese). Slowly we will add additional items but I call this progress.

Ok.. back to the treadmill.. I had a lightbulb idea. Part of Lily's sensory diet at home is to do "heavy" work. So, working on something new (I will talk to the OT and get further direction). I put some books in a back pack, had Lily put it on and put HER on the treadmill at an incline of 1 and a speed of 2-2.5 for 15 min. SHE LOVED IT! Wants more. In fact, she is obnoxious about it.

Edit: So, today the nap was great and worked with the headache. I have also only had 1 cup of coffee today and have been drinking nothing but water with a splash of ACV in each glass-no sweetener. Looks like this might be the norm for more than a few days.

So here is the food breakdown for me: My goal is to emulate Paula's breakfast model. High protein. Like P, I also want to maintain a VLC approach to food. I have already dropped dairy. Strange but true, not jonesing for it. With me running the kitchen dinner meals will be better. I have my paleo cookbooks/books ready to go (including well fed).

I really would like to get completely off AFS but I am not an idiot. Once school ramps back up, thats my crack (its contained and easy). What I can and will control on it is the amount. Its not unheard of for me to have a few+. I am shooting for ONE in the afternoon. I know there will be days it is NONE.

Cold and snow have arrived again.. oh yeah.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-01-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Karin

Awesome idea. Kevin loves to do yoga, the elliptical and push ups.

Lily had 2 rounds. The last time she increased the incline even more without me noticing right away. She was tired when I had her stop. I told her 15 min was plenty. Hopefully, this will be yet another strategy in the world of SPD.

I also downloaded some podcasts for tomorrow's walks.
    Karin

Good News: The snow from last night dusted the ground and I can see the road. Good news because I am not deterred from getting done what I need to get done.

I am going to make a fritatta this morning I think. Eggs, ground beef, sun dried tomatoes, onions and black olives and some seasonings..hmmm..

Dinner tonight I am doing something with salmon.. I have been looking at my well fed book for ideas.

Treadmill today!!! I have paleo podcasts downloaded and ready to go.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I need to do the treadmill just to warm up today!

0102140948.jpg

farm eggs-10
    diced summer sausage
    dice sun dried tomatoes in OO
    onions
    all purpose seasoning (Chris recipe)
    garlic butter for the bottom

YUM! Bonus- we have leftovers!! I had a little bacon on the side and mmmm mmmm good!

Also, 25 minutes on the treadmill while it was baking and on my second glass of ACV water. Oh while on the treadmill I am watching the Hi-lander series that was on in the 90's on Amazon prime (OMG.. that Adrian guy is SO HOT and there are so many cameos of the cast from 21 Jump street). I think I am an Ipod idiot.. I thought I had podcasts downloaded and can not get them to play. Grrr. So watching movies on the tablet with headphones which is surprisingly awesome! My goal is to get back on the treadmill again today.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My podcasts on the droid download to a web tab on chrome.