Page 455 of 614 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 6132

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 455

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Show is not until Dec 7th. I am hoping to do more than break even this time. Lol

Paula- glad you like the fragrance. I like it too. It's not over-powering. It's on special.

Well, after the insides were torn up today, my dinner was not good primal etc. , Like my lunch . I am need to make more sweet potatoes for lunches and dinners and then maybe make some rice. I have found sweet potato at lunch takes the sugar cravings in the evening away.

Still no major losses on the scale. My fault. This weekend was a bust food wise, trying to stay healthy in a house where everyone has a nasty cold.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ok so I thought you had a show on the 24th? My bad.

When my tummy is bad it likes a break. If I do eat it does tend to be white carbs... Toast, oatmeal, rice... But usually nothing is better.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I ate white carbs tonight and tea. No tummy problems atm.

Whooohooo The heating dude finally made it out to service and light the greater for the winter. We had been using small electric room heaters waiting on him to be available.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Yes always fluids, Mostly tea help.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

ack.. sickies in my house. My mom and my daughter have shared their germs and I am trying to keep my head clear and keep on my feet (dizzy- dang head cold). Drinking lots of hot tea and the nasal spray really helped clear things so I can breath.

Along with the above I have been putting out the behavior fires since Friday (holiday coming up), its exhausting. So, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, but more for the rest!

No black friday shopping for me though.. yuck.

Menu for Thanksgiving
    -pan fried chicken
    -sweet potatoes
    -homemade cranberry sauce (my specialty)
    -roasted brussels sprouts with bacon
    -mac and cheese for the girl along with peas

pumpkin cream pie and french silk pie for dessert.
    Karin

made a new recipe for cranberry sauce last night, it tastes great, but didn't thicken

I never go shopping on Thanksgiving weekend!!!!

Our dinner is vegetarian with the exception of the Turkey and gravy, so our roasted brussels sprouts have a balsamic cranberry glaze. I am doing roasted root vegetables, mashed white potatoes for the boys. Pumpkin pie (America's Test Kitchen-another new recipe), and an Almond Lemon cake.

I just made a recipe for BFF and her family, to get rid of the crud, she thinks it might be working, cheap and easy so worth a shot...
    "MAGGIE’S COUGH REMEDY
    teaspoon Cayenne
    teaspoon Ginger
    1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar (an organic one, like Bragg’s, is preferred.)
    2 Tablespoon Water
    1 Tablespoon Honey (use a locally produced raw honey, if possible.)

Dissolve cayenne and ginger in cider vinegar and water. Add honey and shake well. Take 1 Tablespoon as needed for cough. Hoo-wee.
    Note: This is potent albeit watery syrup. It also doesn’t dissolve perfectly. Always shake well before using.

If you make this in small batches as the recipe is written, there is no need to refrigerate.
    If you prefer, you may refrigerate this. It keeps as long as you need it. I like to make small batches (it is so easy to mix up.) and use it up in a just a few days.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: This remedy and dosage are for adults. I have no personal experience giving this to children, and cannot recommend it for children. Many have reported on this site (see comments) that they have had great success administering the remedy in smaller doses to their kids. This is those parents personal choice, which I respect. If the remedy has helped their family, I am grateful. But it is not my recommendation."

I was actually out of cayenne and used powdered chili (not chilli powder). Also, mine was not thick or orange as she says, but it was good, and BFF put some in some hot tea. Next time I will likely do just 1T of water.

Oh, I will be making some of this and probably be doing shots of this over the break! LOL I am not worried about Lily taking it or not.. I can barely get her to take the Tylenol Cold stuff.. she does but usually with a fight unless she feels REALLY REALLY bad. Thanks for the recipe! I will get mom to take it as well. I do not have much of a cough, its all in the head but that Afrin really went to work. Brain freeze in the nose hurts btw.

Balsamic cranberry glaze?? oh tell me more!! This would be a new addition I am interested in. Normally we do the shallots, bacon, etc. but the glaze sounds great!

My cranberry sauce thickens up but I think the apples help it along
    fresh cranberries
    apple
    orange
    cinnamon stick
    a little sugar/sweetener etc.
    cook it all until it pops etc.

I do not think I add anything else to it.
    Karin

I added a board on Pinterest called Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner and all my recipes are there. Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Cranberries | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

My recipe had you add apple cider (and the apple), maybe too much apple cider? I will probably recook it and add a thickening agent, as much as I hate that, if it is still runny when I check it tonight.

BFF said it reminded her of chutney, I liked the sweet hot aspect of it (but I just tasted it on my finger tip). I bet in tea you could add a bit of lemon and it would be good too.

No school today! Whaahoo!

So Lil had an early med check and then the final holiday dinner shopping which was not horrible (it usually is). I think because our dinner is simple.

Plans for today:
    -give the kitchen a little attention so I can cook and prep the cranberry sauce
    -steam the sweet potatoes
    -prep the celery etc.
    -make a place for the tree
    -get out the tree crap (ya ya ya)
    - I need to get the basketball goal I bought for Lily out of the back of the truck and set it up out back
    -unload the pavers and pots in the back of the truck
    -unhook the truck battery for the season (its a farm truck and will not be used until spring)
    -the ever growing laundry
    -unload the car from the plastic tubs of yarn given to Lily for therapy
    -IF TIME: head to the storage unit to get the outdoor Christmas crap
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I added a board on Pinterest called Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner and all my recipes are there. Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Cranberries | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

My recipe had you add apple cider (and the apple), maybe too much apple cider? I will probably recook it and add a thickening agent, as much as I hate that, if it is still runny when I check it tonight.

BFF said it reminded her of chutney, I liked the sweet hot aspect of it (but I just tasted it on my finger tip). I bet in tea you could add a bit of lemon and it would be good too.
    mine really gels after cooking the snot out of it and then refrigerating.
    Karin