Page 443 of 636 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 6357

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 443

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I really think those will be your ticket! you can use all sorts of things in them and they are just as good cold as hot. I actually freeze them for DH, he has not mentioned whether or not that worked well, but he keeps eating them. I add them to his lunch dish when there isn't enough dinner leftover (or dinner doesn't have enough protein). I put his lunches in those 3.5C rectangle pyrex containers and stack them in the freezer then he takes them when he needs them.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I agree and my hope is that as the house hold is no longer in an uproar, I can remember this and essentially take better care of myself.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think you should, now that the furor is subsiding, put a picture on your fridge of the airplane safety message that tells you to put your oxygen mask on first.

http://www.myairlineflight.com/image...leO2masklg.jpg

If you don't take care of yourself you will not be well enough to take care of anyone else!

LOVE IT! Doing this!
    Karin

well.. soft taco's for dinner last night. I had good intentions, but then on a whim the tortillas sounded good. Mom brought my favorite cookies home for LIly. grrrr... could not stay out of them. However, I refuse to "speed" through the rest of the day. Back to the speed limit a.k.a. program.

Laundry and chores around the house today. I actually got to sleep until I woke (@8am) and it felt good!
    Karin

I saw a quote that basically said you don't throw away all your tires when you get a flat so don't give up on your goal/program just because you hit a snag.

So you and I both are running on 3 tires right now. But as we slowly work on it we will be up to speed shortly. I am with ya
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Unstable feelings this morning. I want a fast track back to weight loss... what I do not want to hear is common sense and logic (I know I will get this by my loving sistas and in truth I probably need it). How is it I have GAINED 60 pounds since I do not know when. I am almost starting completely OVER. With so much to lose I want what makes you initially drop weight fast. Where is this coming from? Well, in truth much of it is fro the pictures from the therapy weekend last week. I am more than appalled. So in short, I am feeling might fat and ugly and I DO NOT LIKE IT. In the same vein, I am feeling powerless and I hate that as well. S.P.E.E.D? VLC? who knows what all else I have tried.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm feeling ya (I'm up over 20 lb from this time last year). Can I tell you this? Each one of my experiments to lose weight quickly has only led me to gain weight and feel frustrated, making the problem worse.

Start with primal blueprint. I'll mail you my book if you need it. Nothing more, nothing less. No getting really hung up on macros. Have reasonable portions. Eat when hungry. Stop when full. Give it one entire full month before you make any tweaks. Have you read It Starts with Food? They have a very simple boil plate about how to eat. Something like, one palm of protein (eggs - how many fit in your hand - probably 2-3). Fat (unless your meat is very fatty), thumb food. The rest of your plate, veggies (I see no reason to unreasonably limit starchy veggies). Or, give P's plan (modified Leptin Reset) a try.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ugh. I hate pictures.I know that crazy feeling. I agree with Ruth; start with PB.

Protein - .7-1 gram of protein per pound of LBM. Maybe just top load 50g protein for breakfast and spread the rest out between 2 more meals.

Carbs - 75-100 grams. Have a fruit or starch at each meal. With one veg per meal it should work out.

Fat - Add to each meal as desired.