Page 442 of 618 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 6172

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 442

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think a mocha and an egg muffin would be a great breakfast. Do you eat in the car on the way to school? I think the protein powder is a good way to boost protein, not sure I would want it as my only source, I suspect having some real protein foods gives you some extra nutrients that make it a nice mix.

I saw a thing on pinterest where they just beat a dozen eggs and put them in the muffin tins then added different stuff to each tin to get variety (personally I don't care about variety, but if you do it is a pretty good idea). She used frozen veggies, and bacon bits, and cubes ham, etc.

You can do this. And on the candy front, if you have to do it, then stop everything you are doing and sit down-do nothing else except enjoy the candy. The amount of time it takes to do that usually will keep you from doing it. And even if you do do it anyway, at least you will really enjoy it.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ok.. headache that is on the verge of migraine.. I have taken the appropriate meds and hope it kicks it. I would even be happy if it just dulls it. Sleep was not great because Lily wanted to sleep with me. She has had 3 good days and I let her.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think a mocha and an egg muffin would be a great breakfast. Do you eat in the car on the way to school? I think the protein powder is a good way to boost protein, not sure I would want it as my only source, I suspect having some real protein foods gives you some extra nutrients that make it a nice mix.

I saw a thing on pinterest where they just beat a dozen eggs and put them in the muffin tins then added different stuff to each tin to get variety (personally I don't care about variety, but if you do it is a pretty good idea). She used frozen veggies, and bacon bits, and cubes ham, etc.

You can do this. And on the candy front, if you have to do it, then stop everything you are doing and sit down-do nothing else except enjoy the candy. The amount of time it takes to do that usually will keep you from doing it. And even if you do do it anyway, at least you will really enjoy it.
    I only eat on the way to school if I am car pooling with mom and NOT driving. Otherwise, I drink my mocha and try and eat at school. I had good intentions this morning with HB eggs but did not get to the eggs.

Agreed about the candy and I will work on those eggs tonight. I did that a few weeks back and they were very good.
    Karin

Maybe if you do the egg muffin you would only have to do a half scoop of the protein after a while. Or 2 muffins and 1/2 a scoop would be a nice combo of food and mocha.

so sorry about the headache, hope the meds have kicked in by now.

headache is GONE! Whoop! Lily is having just an OK day at school. Her relationship with her primary teacher is improving though. I think that is also half the battle with a kiddo like mine. I just had a plastic bag from Target delivered to me for my daughter with 3 new stretchy shirts. They are not quite under armor quality but they are similar. I think I know who did this. We are friends only through FB and the virtual sales but talk often. Talk about feeling blessed.
    Karin

how sweet, gotta love small town USA! This is the kind of stuff I repeat to myself when I hear people bad mouthing Americans. I believe the 24 hour news cycle seriously distorts our perceptions of ourselves as a nation. Love hearing things like this.

Ohmygosh!!! Lilys teacher just gave her 2 1/2 bags of clothes from her daughter because there are some tight fitting clothes. There are a lot that are too big so they are put up for now. Feeling blessed. I think we have enough therapy clothes now. Oh, i also meet a gal from the virtual yatdsale for another under armor shirt and she refused to let me pay for it. God is good.

Dinner was ok. Hamburger with some cheese, a few noodles Lily did not finish, and some sunbutter with honey. Having some tea now. No candy today but still had some sugar. Small improvement i think.

I also think i just figured out how to type better on my dang tablet. it's so much faster and accurate.

Lily had just an ok day at school. However she is still so pleasant. Her teacher is making such a difference in her life and building a relationship which is so important.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

It's Friday can i get a hua??? 3 day weekend..whoop!! I can't tell you what the plan is though.

I made egg muffins last night to go with my mocha this morning. I so wanted junk last night (sugar, salt i did not care) but i refrained and stuck with a cup of tea and then just went to bed. So i think today should be promising in the food department.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Amen. Wish I had a three day weekend :-) have a great day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Just an FYI.. loved the egg muffins (eggs, HWC, Monterey jack and mushrooms)
    Karin