Page 441 of 636 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 6352

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 441

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think that P is keeping her carbs lowish but not very low. So maybe 75g to 125g a day. But I feel like she really worked to boost her breakfast protein (thinking at least 50g for breakfast). Probably that would not hurt for you to work on, the morning protein I mean. Maybe focus on adding that so that the subtracting is easier and doesn't feel like you are dieting or depriving yourself? Really if you get a good amount of protein and quality fat, you should easily make it from one meal to the next. I still have a feeling that you are trying to restrict your calories too low?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I think the protein I am getting in the morning with the iced mocha is @ 60g. This morning I was thinking that making sure the protein was up in the morning would be a good idea. I did have a little sugar today but not as much as yesterday. I also did not notice the burning hunger at lunch. I am planning a mocha as a snack this afternoon as well (I feel like its a craving and am hoping that is not bad). I am (at this point) not trying to restrict the calories and am working on whole proteins and quality fat. UGH.. starting over suuuuuucks!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

so sorry you are having to go through this. For me, I think the trick has been that I am finally following my body cues, in a variety of areas. I eat during my witching hours for the most part, I sleep during my personal down times, I move when I feel like it not because I am supposed to, I eat what I really really want not what I am supposed to. This is allowing me to reduce the stresses that are usually associated with trying to lose weight. I have also lowered expectations for loss to .5lb a week, and it shows up over the course of a month, so I graph every single point and watch it slowly work its way down.

I think now that your Lily stresses are reducing, the rest will start to fall in place, be patient.

p.s. where is the sugar coming from? can we replace it with something, even a fruit if need be?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin,
    I get between 50 and 60 grams of protein at breakfast. Half protein powder half real food. I think the real food part is important for satiety. The rest of my meals have maybe 20-30g protein.

I eat 3 meals a day. Each meal includes protein, fats and carbs 25-30g per meal. I try to have a veg with every meal, but not a big serving. I have fruit and starch for my other carbs.

Sugar is coming from candy (a few starburst, lifesavers and smarties) . Other than that I have been spot on. I had 2 protein mochas for breakfast, pepperoni and cheddar cheese for lunch, protein mocha for a snack and getting ready for dinner thats chix livers n bacon. I am not real big on fruit but it would be better than candy but harder to eat during class when I need a l i l something.

Thanks Paula.. going to implement more of your plan.

So far stress wi t h Lil is reduced so yes, hopefully everything can fall into place a bit better.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

When you "need" a lil something... I have no doubt you do need something. But I think you need to get it at your meals. There is no way that you cant go from breakfast to lunch if you have given yourself a reasonable start. I think you have let yourself get into a habit. I think you should set a few rules. One could be no eating in the classroom -especially candy.

So lets assume you can have about 2000 calories a day give or take and still lose weight. This should work for at least a couple of weeks right? So then you should be doing about 650 to 700 at breakfast. How close do you come to that? 60g of protein is only about 240 cals. Then you could do 20g of carb for another 80 calories. That leaves a good 300 calories of fat. That would be one filling iced mocha. Or whatever combo of drink and food you felt like having. I think it would get you to lunch, easily, but you would have to decide you are not going to eat before lunch. You know can do this. I know you can do this.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Ok. So, if I do my protein mocha, add some cream for fat, that would be a start. Not sure what t do @ carbs. I had some sweet potato for dinner tonight though.

Good rule about candy in the classroom though.

Today i had 3 scoops of protein..60x3 then lunch and dinner. Too much protein.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin, I have to lovingly agree with Chris about eating in the classroom. Can you add some real food to your morning mocha? What about those premade egg muffins that you can microwave.

The only exception to eating in the classroom would be at lunchtime. I open up my class to students that need help, need to make up etc. so we having working lunches. This works better for me than staying after school with them.

Woke with a headache this morning. Lily was exceptionally LOUD and we struggled a little this morning but still nothing like previous encounters before camp. Its also gotten COLD. We have gotten some hard frosts and the low last night was 32. So, this could all be part of it.

I had my mocha this morning and brought some hard boiled eggs to have with it. Its the best I can do on the fly. For lunch I will have some leftover chicken livers with bacon and 1/4 sweet potato. My goal today: NO SUGAR/NO CANDY.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like a good eating day. Hang tight.