Page 44 of 622 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 44

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is what I love about teaching HS. Every 42 minutes. You get a new batch of kids. I figure even the worst sub can survive for that amount of time. Even so, I won't be taking anymore time off before the holidays either. Hoping for a couple of snow events though.

I really hope the meds kick in and that you have a good night's sleep.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-11-2011 at 04:32 PM.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hkiul613shsy View Post
    I was eating very small portions, ramped up my walking to ten miles a day and NOTHING CHANGED!!! I was not taking in sufficient calories for the activity level and my body hung onto everything.

I do not think eating very small portions is wise if you are working out that much. However, you have to listen to your body. I have been there though where you do all the right things with no change. It is frustrating but you just have to keep on keeping on. Hang in there.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Karin, that is spam, I have seen the same "person" on at least 3 threads today, with irrelevent comments that are essentially quotes from earlier in the particular thread. Not sure what the point is, but there you have it, a$$holes are everywhere.

Hope you are feeling better this morning. So important to get those fluids in, flush as much as possible as quickly as possible. Have your docs actually been testing to make sure it is bacterial and not viral? It is just hard to fathom haw many rounds of antibiotics you have been on lately and still ending up with an infection.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

285 this morning.. so.. ok no biggie My weight is bobbing like a spring scale figuring out where exactly its going to land I think.

Last night: Polish sausage- nothing else, not real hungry but I had to eat something before taking a percaset. Oh.. I did have some chocolate.

Today:
    B: coffee with cream. Did not sleep well. I was up at 1:30am but was able to eventually go back to sleep. It was not a deep sleep though. Wierd that I was conscious and thinking etc.
    L: green salad with chicken and a little cheese
    D: TBD

Paula- I teach on a block schedule. So, over the course of 2 days I teach 150 students for 90 minutes/block *sigh*. After the 6th time teaching a lesson I am so sick of it...LOL I also would LOVE snow events. Of course those would take place in January/February if we are so lucky to get any.

I woke and thought my back was a little better, until I started moving and its tender. I did not bring pain pills as I need to remain lucid but I am hoping by this afternoon the pain is so minimal its almost gone since now I have had 3 antibiotics.
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    got a heating pad? that should increase blood flow in the area, which I think would be helpful, it would also feel good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Hope you are feeling better this morning. So important to get those fluids in, flush as much as possible as quickly as possible. Have your docs actually been testing to make sure it is bacterial and not viral? It is just hard to fathom haw many rounds of antibiotics you have been on lately and still ending up with an infection.
    She ran a test and showed me the results. I asked the same question about the amount of antibiotics I have been on and she did not have an answer. The tests showed bacteria and something else (can not remember) in the urine and the levels were high enough she said it was infection. I would love ONE month of no antibiotics!! I can not even straighten out my body before the next one seems to hit. Sooooo frustrating!
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    got a heating pad? that should increase blood flow in the area, which I think would be helpful, it would also feel good.
    I slept with one last night. No heating pad at school though. Wouldn't one be awesome to run on batteries??? LOL
    Karin

Ugh, the block schedule. I was thinking last night that it would be harder to take time off under those circumstances. I wasn't sure if your sixth graders moved from class to class like they do in HS.

Antibiotics-Unfortunately, the more often you take them the more resistant your body and certain bacterias become. I have a friend that has to go for tougher and tougher antibiotics now because stuff like amoxicillin does nothing for him. I hate to take them and the minute I am off, I start taking a probiotic. I take a probiotic daily as part of my supplementation anyway.

I am so tempted to take tomorrow off but he kids have a test... ugh!

Can I take probiotics while taking antibiotics?
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think it will hurt, but apparently it doesn't help either. The probiotics get killed by the antibiotic just like the bad bacteria. I wouldn't take a supplement while on antibiotics but continue with your buttermilk etc. Then add the supplement later. I use PB 8 which is pretty inexpensive.