Page 439 of 614 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 439

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Under armour shirts were recommended for my son Kevin too.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    This kind of explains why she prefers to wear leggins or only skinny type jeans. I figure getting the top compressed a bit will help. I have started something new with Lily. When she starts to lose it with temper/melt down, I ask her to come to me and I hug her. tight and for a duration. She has TOTALLY de-escalated each time I have done this. Coincidence? I am now wondering if she has been diagnosed correctly. The research I have done says symptoms for ADHD and MSD look alike.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    In our parenting classes, they've told us a lot of firm touch (sometimes, with foster kids, they don't trust you enough for hugs). I can see this helping a lot. I'm SO glad you guys are finding some tools to help you. [When I get my kids, you guys can all give me great advice]

I live in a great community. So last night I put a ISO on the virtual yard sale sites I am a part of for small and extra small under armor shirts for Lily's compression therapy. Not only did people go through their kids clothes and offer then dirt cheap. A few want to just give them to her. I am feeling so blessed and humble right now.

I am thrilled to say we had another great morning. The getting up and getting ready was so much easier than in weeks past. Tight long hugs are working great. I know the under armor shirts will just add to all of this. WOW! I have so much to talk to the therapist about when we go again. Could it be we have been so wrong about her diagnosis all this time?
    Karin

It could be wrong...could also be that this therapy is what you needed in addition to everything else? It's all so confusing. In either case, it's so dag gum awesome that this camp did so much for you and your family. Yay!!!

You are right Ruth. I just do not know. What I DO know, is that this is working. I am so thankful right now. I know there may come a time when she needs "more", not sure what that will look like so I have to just live in the now.
    Karin

Now you know you are on the right path and have a great place where you can find some help and resources. Enjoy the now...it sounds like it has literally changed your life. I don't know if this applies, but we have been told that a lot of time kids will make awesome progress, backslide a bit, then go further forward (two steps forward, one step back). That may be the trauma thing and may thus not apply, but thought I would mention it just in case it does appear.

Tell me again how that online garage sale thing works?

On Facebook there are groups. Some of these groups you can join are virtual yardsales. People advertise what they are selling OR you can put out an "in search of" for something. Go on facebook and in the search type your city and yardsale or virtual yardsale etc. then ask to join the group. You get updates on what people are selling etc.
    Karin

Aha, found some. So cool. I expect this might come in handy when we have the kids. And, we're cleaning out mom's storage unit...so will be needing to sell some stuff!

its an awesome way to sell stuff because I do not have the time or patience for a garage sale.
    Karin