Page 43 of 630 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 43

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    on a side note- PLEASE tell me this skin will firm up. As I lose I am sagging- so not sexy UGH!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Just watched White Christmas with DH last night (at home alone), One of my all time favs! Fun to be able to see it with someone who's company you enjoy.

Congrats on your losses as well as on teaching yourself to listen to your body. Would love to get there myself.

I use muscle relaxers as opposed to pain killers. Chiro is not covered on insurance and DH does not believe it them, we won't go there, anyway, I don't go as a consequence. Luckily I very rarely have back issues, he is the one who has them, in fact only once and it was at least 15 years ago.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

My insurance does not cover it as well.. except with a RX..and you know they don't usually give one for those LOL

I have an appointment with my Dr. office in an hour (I love that they have weekend hours). When I called and talked to a nurse, she said it sounded like kidneys..ugh! However, seeing as how I did not lift anything heavy, bend wrong etc. and that it came on suddenly, perhaps I can get this fixed sooner. I am drinking my fluids so, not sure why I would have stones or anything like that. *cuss-words* Why will my body not cooperate?? I am already to do the EM and then this hits and I feel stuck in the water.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    we cross posted on the skin sagging. That is something that is on my mind. I don't think I will have issues with my stomach but my thighs may end up having some skin. Trying not to worry about it yet.

Kidneys, rats! Can't be an infection though given all the antibiotics you have had recently. Maybe it has to do with your kidneys trying to flush out the antibiotics?

Got so busy yesterday I forgot I was going to do rowing with the band. I'll try to remember it today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Back from the doctors office and the verdict??? Bladder infection YOU HAVE FICKIN GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! So, new antibiotic and percaset for the pain. You would think with all the antiB's I have taken since September there would be no way bacteria could be growing..UGH! The doctor said though if the pain does not go away, or goes away and then comes back, to go back in as it could be something else on top of this. With TOM going on, the only thing they could really identify is the bacteria from the bladder. *cuss words*
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Damn, well at least you have an answer. Percaset is pretty heavy duty stuff.

Sagging skin...My highest weight was 280 lbs. I was 100lbs overweight for over 15 years. Surprisingly, Things do not look too bad. I think it is a combination of Primal eating and exercise.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 12-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Back from the doctors office and the verdict??? Bladder infection YOU HAVE FICKIN GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! So, new antibiotic and percaset for the pain. You would think with all the antiB's I have taken since September there would be no way bacteria could be growing..UGH! The doctor said though if the pain does not go away, or goes away and then comes back, to go back in as it could be something else on top of this. With TOM going on, the only thing they could really identify is the bacteria from the bladder. *cuss words*
    Don't fret. You can do it! Do a bit of a water fast and drink fluids. Get your probiotic ready and hit it real hard once you're done.

Don't forget your good animal fats and take a walk outside (or at least take your d vitamin)!

Post back here if you need some support.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yuck. But, at least you know what it is.

On the sagging skin. I've been overweight my entire life. But, so far (75 lb down or so), the skin is doing okay. Of course, as SLOW as I've lost the weight to date, that's perhaps had something to do with it

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin, are you working tomorrow or can you take off. I vote for taking off. lol

+1 on the slow weightloss helping with sagging skin. I'm aiming to hit goal (174) in two years (Sept 24, 2012).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am going in tomorrow. I am so much going on with my students right before the end of the quarter/Christmas. Leaving it for a sub would be a nightmare and then just more work for me when I return. However, no pain pills tomorrow. TIP: you must be lucid when in a room with 25-27 6th graders. I asked the doctor when the antiB;s would kick in a kill the pain, she said in about a day (I take them twice a day). So, I took one about noon, I will take another at bedtime (not 12 hours but hoping to get a running start on this infection) and a pain pill tonight. Hopefully, tomorrow the pain will lesson.

Well, I think I am going slow on weight-loss. My goal is 5 pounds per month. I feel like in a waiting mode to workout. It seems when I start a program, something comes and knocks me down. I am going to investigate those classes that start in January and as soon as I have finished the antiB's, I will work on EM's.

On the loose skin, I have been reading about ways to treat the skin. I have read a lot of people use coconut oil to help with elasticity.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26594.html
    Karin