Page 428 of 617 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 6170

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 428

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, I can not say everyday was perfect but it was a vast improvement. This week I will track better, probably in the notes of MFP.

As for DD, right now I just want her to finish school with a full head of hair and without a criminal record. I do not think that is too much to hope for. (I KINDA laugh here). I also know and realize hormones are kicking in and making life more difficult than before. So I would too like for her to finish school and with me to still have my hair and not have a criminal record. (again, a laugh a little here). Everything after that is a bridge I can not even see from this spot.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    though I hate to admit it, I really think that tracking, at least in the notes, is essential. For me, I will think oh that day was pretty good, then start to put everything down and shock myself. On the days that I can track as I go, or close to it, I do much better.

For you, my memory is that this past 2 weeks for you have been about figuring out the details of what will work for you. I am not surprised you did not lose a great deal of weight, though I am kinda surprised you didn't lose at least some water weight (remembering to take all your meds?).

Be patient, I think you should be focusing on those foods that promote you feeling good/healthy and hopefully once you get that pinned down then you can start to focus on seeing the scale going back down. Once you feel physically good/healthy, then you can more easily deal with the stresses of your life and get good sleep I bet the weight just flies off.

I am sorry that I have no words of wisdom for your situation with your DD though. Hugs.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris- I really suck taking meds on weekends.. there is no viable routine. You are right though, I am in the figuring it out stage. We all have looked at what works for others and ditch what we are doing and jump another direction. It seems like we all have similar but very different needs as well. This week is planned better and not so many veggies (that was a disaster). I need reminding to be patient and then nourishing the body is what needs to happen and the rest will fall in line (hopefully). I know once I feel good physically and mentally things will go better. Sleep is either great or it sucks.. it lacks consistency. I probably should take melatonin, but sometimes I wake with a headache- normal? What sucks is when I am EXHAUSTED and just want to sleep, but being SOUND asleep with DD awake is trouble. As in, nothing is sacred or safe. I wake to disasters.

As for DD, I am thinking a Doctor change and re-evaluation with another counselor is needed. I think we have gone as far as we can go with the current one. There is nothing new and no change. Is she on the right meds? who knows, I have a friend that suspects not based on quite a few things.

So, what did I do today besides eat like crap for the most part? I looked for t-shirts I will not wear again and have started to turn them into "string". I am going to braid a rug and then maybe use a hoola hoop to weave another with them. I will need more t-shirts but am off to a start. I have about a dozen t-shirt string balls of various colors. I saw the idea on pintrest. My arms and hands are tired so it was a good stress reliever. Maybe until we get a handle on things, this is best so I do not ring her pretty little neck when she pops off. lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I tend not to do my meds on my days off, which makes no sense because no matter what, I always make a cup of coffee. I need to put them next to the coffee machine.

I know you know this but I will say it anyway... When you eat at least reasonably well and feel better you are likely to handle the general life stresses much better. And yes, with consistency the scale will cooperate.

One of my DD's best friend made that braided T-shirt rug and it was beautiful. Very colorful, she uses it to make her dorm homier.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I time my meds around waking and going to bed. Thyroid meds are by my bed/clock and taken when I get up each day. Female hormones and vitamins are taken as part of my bedtime routine.Vitamins are taken at night because they have a tendency to make me nauseous and if I time them right I will be asleep before the queasiness hits.

Sleep sucked for me until I got female hormones situated. Even now, right before my period (how I can still be having them at my age--almost 57-- is inconceivable/maddening) my sleep suffers.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I hate to give what sounds like contradictory advice, but I think fasting right now is a bad idea for you. Eating consistantly will help regulate everything including sleep and hormones.

The only changes I made over three weeks ago was that I greatly increased my morning protein and I stopped fasting. The binging has stopped, I am sleeping better and my hormones have begun to work the way they should.

I know, you are going through an awful time with your daughter. I am sorry. As Chris said, you will be better able to handle tough situations if you are taking care of yourself.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Wish I had something helpful to add. I am going to try to send you a link to these exercises (for stress release) that I have tried. I think they might be helpful. Wish I could send you the entire program.

Hugs. Have a great day.

Gosh, I hope that there wasn't anything that I said that might have indicated that I was suggesting anything even remotely like a fast.

I was actually trying to suggest Karin stop worrying about calorie counting and start eat to health. Which I suspect will take her right up to her TDEE. I think there needs to be a serious, consistent, influx of nutrients and a commitment to keeping those foods out of her diet that make her feel less than stellar for at least the next few weeks. I think that keeping calories down have created a nutritional crisis here. When ever you start a plan-any plan, you tend to drop your calories down to 1500 daily or less, then can't sustain it (because you are starving your body), so your body forces you to eat easy calories in an attempt to fill its needs. Unfortunately those tend to be the very foods that cause your body distress.

To my memory eating to health for you would mean lots of protein, sparse amounts of select veggies and a fruit or 2 daily, no grains or nightshades, and some fermented foods...kombucha, pickled beets, sauerkraut, etc.

I would not add any supplements until you have gotten your diet and meds in order for a month or so. Then evaluate what you might need after eating well has not done enough, if that ends up being the case.

p.s. @marcadav, I turn 55 next month and still experiencing TOM, agreed infuriating.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-14-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: p.s.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    No, I was referring to Karin fasting on Friday, but after a reread, it looks as if it was an accident.

I thought that most recently, she was following some form of adf like the rest of us. By contradictory advice, I meant that even though adf worked for weight loss for all of us, it may not be a good place for her to make a restart.

ah, ok, yep, I totally agree with that advice. I think any form of fasting should wait until the body is well nourished and reasonably healthy. It is definitely a stress to the body.

I actually believe that eating for health will cause weight loss, as it will reduce inflammation in the body and reduce the need for going off plan.

But I also strongly believe that health is number one top priority, weight loss will follow with patience and consistency.

p.s. given how expensive good supplements are, and how frustrating experimenting with them to find the right one is, I would strongly recommend you have your doc check for deficiencies (especially, B12, Iron, and D)
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-14-2013 at 10:00 AM.