Page 427 of 616 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6158

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 427

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    that is cool.

After my MIL passed away and we were going through her stuff, we found a huge hoard of unused Avon stuff. She always felt bad for her Avon rep so she order something every single time the lady came over. She had had the same rep from when her mother (DH's grandmother) was still alive, and they always had coffee and a little cake and each ordered from her. Some of the products in the stash were decades old! The Avon lady was at her funeral and introduced herself, I felt bad for her because I realized she was going to miss out on not only the sales but the regular coffee and gossip sessions.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ahhh.. tradition and company a good combination.

I must say, totally kicked a little ass in the food department tonight. Ok.. yeah, spaced eating breakfast and lunch (I was always on another project. I did have a cup of coffee with HWC though). Anyway, put on some soup in the crock (veggies + pumpkin) it was/is FAB-U-LOUS.. oh my gosh!! The wonder does not end there. We took some pork cutlets out of the freezer. I took CF, SP, onion powder and paprika and lightly coated them and fried them. Made gravy for the top which took the whole meal to a new level of YUM-A-LICIOUS. I have never made them that way but thought to give it a go with CF. Worked out so well.. this will be a redo meal in the future and hooray, we have enough for breakfast!!

Gorgeous weather today. I stayed outside and mowed and mowed until I shot the belt (damn it). I am going to need to find something to do outside tomorrow to justify going out when there is so much to do inside. LOL!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

When I made my veggie soup this time I didn't use any meat, but I am adding a protein source as I re-heat, to give variety to the soup since it makes such a massive batch. I am actually planning to make a fish chowder out of it for dinner, if I eat dinner, I am still stuffed from lunch (I ate too much).

I am planning to open the garage doors so I can enjoy the weather while I paint the frames. It is supposed to warm up here so I am not yet inclined to do any heavy yard work yet.

Ain't it purty??? The pumpkin so SO GOOD in it.

PA120001.jpg
    Karin

yum

weight is the same, same friggin same! I even accidentally IF'd to dinner. This menopause is kicking my ass.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I understand, Karin. I posted a note in my journal -- I think some of us have to be consistent for awhile to see thing. I also think you and I (and others) have to realize that the stress we live with is a big influencer on the weight and it might take us longer to get there....and, we've got to find a way to deal with it (mentally and physically). I took a resiliency class this week and they were teaching us techniques to manage stress. I'll let you know if any of it works

Thank you Ruth. I will be interested on anything you learn. I think of myself as resilient, but my stress will be around for 7 more years. Sad but true.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    It was actually a pretty interesting training (I usually think these trainings waste my time). It was a condensed version of what they offer to the military, especially the active duty folks. Supposedly, they saw PTSD symptoms decrease rather significantly. Once I digest things, and give them a try, I'll be sure to share with you.

Karin, I often have scale moments in which my weight goes up after a fast day. Can you recap your week (food wise) and feel like, on balance, your scale should have said something different that what it did this morning?

p.s. I don't want to add to your stress, and while life will be easier when she is out of the house, the stresses she causes will just be different