Page 419 of 624 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 6239

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 419

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well according to the SANE folks. Because I do not eat enough and because I eat some wrong foods, I back up and the weight does not push through (or so I think I understand). So, my plan is to try and push more leafy greens (my challenge) to push everything through my system so I can feed my body so I can lose weight. Chris, does that sound about right?

Ruth- no, this morning was a light breakfast. One glass of iced coffee with 2T HWC.

Because I am so inactive due this friggin knee brace, I have started to eat less (not necessarily better-which is why I started SANE)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It is like 90% what you eat, 10% exercise. (Exercise is more important for long term health than for weight loss). Move when you can and let go of that guilt about exercise and focus on what you are eating. So if you go for all the non-starchy veggies and 50 to 70 grams of protein per meal you should have it covered. My memory is their suggestion is 9 to 11 veggies a day. So 3 servings per meal. I would suggest that on top of that you ignore carb and fat grams but make sure those are quality. In other words your carb are from veggies mostly and your fats are not junk.

I think that link I gave you is not quite that formula but might be easier for you since you are not a lover of veggies.

Frozen veggies are your friends. They are cheaper as we go into winter, they have their serving size on the package, and they are always available.

Truthfully your life will likely be easier though if you just do the plan in the link. It certainly fits in mostly with your general needs regarding your diet and gluten and night shades.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    That's a totally solid plan. It looks easy, has leftovers (hello breakfast and lunch!), and looks good. I've tried one or two of their recipes -- good stuff there.

Yep. This is where I am starting at. Getting the veggies is what will be challenging and I will need to make a concerted effort to just do it! This morning I am not starting great as I am really comfortable having just coffee with HWC. What is crazy is I feel this is an accomplishment and that going back to eating breakfast is going backwards. How crazy train is that???

I have lettuce cleaned and ready to go with a few other salad fixings. Heading to the Apple Market today to get more. I want to have enough to make those jar salads for lunch this week. I need to plan the meat for them though. The picture looks like processed meat and I don't want that. I am thinking chicken tenders or something (canned chicken at the very least).
    Karin

I go back and forth with eating breakfast. I've concluded that a morning person, however, it really goes with my natural rhythm. I've lost weight eating breakfast and skipping breakfast.

But, and take this for what it's worth, it seems like you eat too little early in the day and then struggle at night. I wonder if you'll do better to load your day earlier and then nights would maybe get easier....

Breakfast. I love to make a "breakfast stirfry"-type thing (but you may not have time for this). Ghee (or other oil), broccoli slaw (coleslaw, etc.), veggies, meat or eggs, all cooked together. Yum.

Oh, yeah, have you thought about a big ol' pot of "Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup"? I made a HUGE batch this last weekend. I can eat a ton for about 100 calories. I ate it for breakfast and lunch. Might be a nice addition with your salad. Keeps you full and great way to sneak in some more veggies.

Funny you mention soup. I saw a recipe called Witches brew that looked good. Basically you cook the soup in a pumpkin. They used minestrone but I thought any vegetable soup would do. I was thinking about doing this today.
    Karin

OMG, SO easy (and pretty quick). And filling. And low cal. And has veggies. You gotta make some.

Next time you get our your dehydrator, you should do some veggies. Have you ever done celery? I have some, but didn't know how it would turn out. I'm think a nice supply of dehydrated veggies would be nice to have on hand...

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am not a breakfast person so I totally get the concept of not eating. However I feel like Ruth may be onto something with front loading the calories, maybe if you can't bring yourself to eat breakfast you could go heavier on the calories at lunch.

I think if you did those egg/veggie muffins for breakfast you could enjoy one or two with your coffee in the morning and not feel bloated or have to cook or anything.

Soup and salad for lunch sounds lovely! I do my WW veggie soup with ground meat, adds a few calories per cup but also some protein. I need to make a batch of this.

Meat ideas for the salads...pulled pork, shrimp, pulled chicken, sliced or ground beef (all pre-cooked of course). I would just pull out some of the protein source from dinner and top off the salad for the next day. Use canned tuna, or canned chicken or HB eggs as a fall back.

For DH's lunches, I bought six 3.5C glass pyrex containers (kinda flat as they fit in the freezer better that way), and most nights I just make up one from dinner fixins before we even start eating, then put it in the freezer after dinner and it has had a chance to cool down. With them frozen he doesn't have to put them in the fridge all day, they thaw while he works, then he pops them in the microwave and voila healthy lunch.

Ooh, Karin, you need to make some of the MDA carnitas. That would be awesome on your lunch salads this week!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oooooo carnitas!!!! Lately I am not in a mind to each tuna or salmon..its on my yuck scale. I will get over it and eat it again, just not now. Cant explain. At volleyball game. More comments later

Making that soup though!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin