Page 414 of 618 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6172

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 414

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Karin, here ya go...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 to 4 oz meat (low sodium if you can, i.e. leftovers), iced coffee with HWC
    Lunch: very large salad, with lots of low carb veggies, Olive oil and ACV, (think salad in a mason jar) and a protein source, Kombucha
    Dinner: roasted veggies (toss some veggies in olive oil and seasonings, dump on a foil covered cookie sheet stick in 425 degree oven to desired doneness), this should cover at least half of your plate. The other half is protein, beef, chicken, pork, fish. (a crock pot meal could work here as well) If you are still hungry or feel the need for a treat you should still have enough calories and carbs left to do a dessert in a mug.
    Finish the night with a lovely cup of tea. In between drink lots of fluids that have no calories or at least no carbs.

given you have water retention issues I would avoid processed meats as much as reasonable, the sodium in them will kill ya.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    DONE! This I start tonight!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

to make your morning easier, you could make egg muffins...just stir a dozen eggs, add cooked crumbled bacon (or use raw bacon as a "crust") some chopped frozen or cooked veggies, a bit of cream. Put into greased cupcake tins, bake at 350 till no more jiggle. Eat 2 for breakfast, cold is just as good as warm, so you can even eat them in the car.

Perfect!! I have been meaning to do something like this but something always comes up. Thanks Chris!
    Karin

Ok last night I forgot we had made a corned beef (not salt friendly). It did me no favors on the scale. Interestingly enough, I do not have cankles although I have not worn rings in so long when I tried to put one on it did not fit. So.. today.. starting with coffee and HWC. I brought 3 HB eggs (I am running late for breakfast) will have these at lunch with some carrots. I meant to bring some shredded cabbage but I ran out of time to shred it this morning (its whats left of the head that went with the corned beef) and last night was all about icing the knee and pain meds. Tonight will be a nice LARGE taco salad (heavy on the salad) sans cheese. Basically spiced beef and some salsa on lettuce with perhaps a dollop of sour cream. How does this sound Chris? Its not ideal but for today its a start I guess. Tonight DD has volleyball so I will have 2 hours peace to prepare food for tomorrow.
    Karin

I think you are fine for today. Chug-a-lug the fluids and that will help counter balance the salt.

I feel like you try to limit your calories too low? do you think this is true? Then at the end of the night you are still hungry. How much HWC goes into your coffee? Even if it is a generous 3 T that is only 150 calories for breakfast, 3 eggs and carrots can't be more than 350. A huge plate of greens is like 50, salsa, again maybe 50. Spiced beef even a generous serving maybe 400. Oil and vinegar on the salad another say 200. Which is what 1,200 calories. Then yes, you are likely to go looking for something else. So maybe you should just straight away plan for something in a mug (dessert wise) or maybe some iced spice tea with HWC?

Personally I don't think you should ever go below 1,500 (unless you are doing some sort of fast), and probably not really below 1,800.

you keep speaking of mug desserts.. I can not get to pintrest.. can you send me a website?
    Karin

here ya go...30 Mug Recipes - Amazing Desserts in the Microwave - No. 2 Pencil

there are some that are gluten free and some that are low carb and some that are just, well, dessert. All cooked in a mug in the microwave in less than 2 minutes.

Well, ended the day low. I know one of my issues is lack of water and fluids in general. Until this evening i think i just had a large cup of coffee today.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Low is fine if you don't feel deprived, and you aren't trying to do it daily. Think about your weekly average creating a deficit instead of having to create one every day.