Page 400 of 616 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 6158

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 400

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't think that you are whining either. I just wish that there was something I could do.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am with P on this one. My heart aches that I can't do anything to make things easier for you.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ok.. trying to make good decisions in regards to food until things settle down (I hope they do). I did something for myself last night. I went to the Journey and Night Ranger concert. It was fun!! I was with adults and had adult conversation. I stayed out late. I ate and drank what I like (seriously explains the gas today). It felt GOOD. I felt like MORE than the mom of an ADHD girl child (girls I understand are different than boys). I read an article the other day that was titled: The ADHD mom: the job from hell. Sometimes, I concur.

So many things need doing today. I am tired from last night BUT I have accomplished some things. I detailed my car. My daughter and my mother tend to turn the car into a pit pretty fast as we usually take my car everywhere. It feels wonderful. I need to remember, a clean detailed car really has a positive input on me emotionally.

Today I also arranged Lily's clothes for school. Since I can not count on her to be organized and separate her school clothes and play clothes. When I do laundry I will do that and keep her school clothes in my room. I know this seems like a control freak, but mornings are HELL if we are struggling to find appropriate clothes. If I put systems in place, I am thinking the stress level will go down and will lead to other positive progressions.

I need to mow. Its been warm and to be honest, I do not feel like tackling the heat. Perhaps tomorrow evening. I still have mounds of laundry but I am still methodically plugging away at all the have-to's.

Just thought I would let you know where I am at <mentally>. I am getting there..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Systems are good, what ever it takes to lower morning stress, I am all for it. I used to bribe my kids with tv time. If they were ready on time, they got to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle before while they were eating breakfast. If they were late, they ate breakfast as we walked to school.

I think that when I start getting the "chores" done it starts to calm my stress. Having the house feel clean and the laundry done, makes things feel put together, and I feel calmer.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I am starting to feel the "Oh shit, we are all going back to school" stress. I need to work on my systems.

I notice that now that mine are gone, I have avoided doing a few of the inside chores because somehow that reminds me the house is basically empty. But now that it has been a couple of weeks, the stress of that stuff not getting done is greater than the stress that they are gone. Today's the day, she'll be crying while she vacuums (there might be a country song in there somewhere)

This morning was pretty smooth. With all her school clothes in a controlled organized setting, finding something to wear was "almost" painless. She has been walking out of the house without breakfast (she gets breakfast at kids klub but apparently has not been eating it). Today was better. I bought items she can grab and go-eat in the car, at kids klub etc. This morning was strawberry and cream oatmeal in a Styrofoam cup with a spoon. Nice and disposable and no crumbs in my car.
    Karin

Slept in my contacts Saturday night.. it was one of those, seemed like a good idea at the time.. still paying for it. Eyes hurt, I just want to shut them and keep them closed.. it makes me sleepy to the point no amount of caffeine will help with this one. Glasses for me for a while. It feels like the cornea is scratched a bit.
    Karin

I just baked a batch of egg "muffins" for DH for lunch. Not sure Lily would eat them, but they were just sautéed veggies, that I tossed with eggs and cheese and a bit of flax meal and tiny bit of flour (I probably could have skipped the flour but the veggies looked too wet), then baked.

Had a co-worker years ago who had to go to the doc to get contacts out that she had slept it, they had formed some sort of suction and she could not get them out. Had to wear glasses for quite a while.

yeah.. while I like those. Lily is not much for mix it up non traditional food. Sometimes I can get her to eat scrambled eggs if I make them soft and in butter but other than that, we would not even try it.

sleepy sleepy today..UGH! Going to get farm fresh eggs today.
    Karin