Page 4 of 616 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 4

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I am becoming a serious foodie!! I am exploring my creative food side. Stepping out of the comfort level of my regular food will be a challenge but I am willing- kind of.

Observations: I feel different but can not explain it. It just seems like my circulation is better or something. I feel really good though but can not pin point it yet. Perhaps inflammation is going down?

What am I eating? Yes, it is 113 here and I made the most fantastic chili con carne. Recipe here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34560.htmlt

Exercise: Boot is off tomorrow and I have ordered some work out video's to go with my gazelle. I know, working out outside is best but really.. I prefer air conditioning. I am a wimp and well.. there are living plants and flowers out there and guess who is allergic. YUP! I am already taking mega allergy meds for when I do need to be outside. Frickin Kansas.. never had this problem when I grew up in Colorado.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Footloose! Footloose! I won dance but I so happy to be free from stitches and the boot!! Doc said when I got out of the boot I would be able to be in an Asics. Not true.. thought the Asic was trying to kill me!! However, I saw advertised a NB vibram minnimus shoe. Tried it on and LOVE them!! Looking for more colors! They are so comfortable! I have read you need to work your way up in them and will do that but I am loving the barefoot feeling without being barefoot!

Observation: Ok.. I have quit journaling. After considering what some others have said, I am going to eat 90-100% (I find its not that hard) and just work on being stronger instead of focusing on the food. I plan to hop on the scale tomorrow morning just to get a point of reference and plan my working out Monday. Based on experience from the June surgery, I need a couple days acclimation before starting anything.

What am I eating: I ate lunch at Red Robin and think I was 80-90%. They have GREAT burgers and they can serve them in a lettuce bun. How delightful!! I also find I am so happy drinking water only. I drink coffee in the AM and the occasional tea but really, loving the water. I sure hope this continues in the winter when its harder to drink the water because I am freezing all the time.

Exercise: Pretty much addressed this already. Looking forward to moving more. Not sure how to go about working my upper body/arms (I admit it, I am weak-FOR NOW)
    Karin

Ok.. wore the runners all day with not one worry or pain. I am thinking that since I love barefoot anyway and pre-surgery was wearing dreadful flip-flops, perhaps I wont have to make the transition most make because I haven't been wearing the typical supportive shoe. Love them though, plan on getting more, in other colors as well.

Observation- umm yeah, had some chocolate today and did not wow me like my strawberries with a little coconut milk. GOAL TIME: I am transitioning to simple salad dressings. I want to get to the point where red wine vinegar and evoo is enough dressing on a salad. It is a process but I think I am almost there. Salad dressing, not matter how few carbs it has is just too sweet or strong or.. ya know.

What am i eating: Had a BAS tonight with precooked fajita chicken. Not sure how primal that is but in a pinch I can not see the harm. I did not pull anything out of the freezer and plan for supper tonight so this was a quick save. Made bacon wrapped eggs for breakfast and YUM!

Exercise: I have moved heavy things today LOL does that count??? I moved furniture so i could put the treadmill in the dining room and the gazelle in the living room. I cleaned in between (you know vacuum and the like). Let me just say that neither the treadmill or gazelle was light. I plan on starting tomorrow.

NEWS NEWS: ok.. I weighed myself this morning. 308.5! So that down like 6.5 pounds this past month. You know, I weighed myself 2 weeks ago and I was at 318.5 so its more like down 10. I noticed that I dropped those extra I gained and then some when I dumped the dairy. I have discovered that while cottage cheese is nice, greek yogurt is fabulous and cheese is good- they are all something I can live without (even cream). I have gone coconuts!
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Drink hot water in the winter! Especially tasty with a lemon wedge.

So hot today!

Observations: I am finding that eating this way is starting to be a habit. I have said "no" to food I used to eat and feel nary a regret.

What am I eating: I REFUSE TO APOLOGIZE FOR EATING ALL OF MY SALAD!! Ok.. so after swimming (small town- 2 restaurants and a pizza hut), we went to the "drive through" a local restaurant to grab something. This guy cooks all his own stuff and you can watch to see what goes in it- its great. Anyhoo.. I wanted a philly cheese steak MINUS the cheese MINUS the bread on a salad and yes put a hard-boiled egg with that. It was a lovely bit of deliciousness!! Yes, I ate every bite. My friend ordered a salad with a fried chicken fried steak on top (blech) she said it was good, I know mine was better- anyway, halfway through her salad she is like.. ohhhh I am just so full (makes me look the pig/feel the pig- you KNOW!). I don't care.. it was primal all the way. Man I am just a brat!

Exercise: I went to my classroom and thank you cleaning staff for dumping all my furniture in the center of the room. Lots of tugging and heaving, pushing and pulling to get furniture where it goes. Sweat-a-plenty! On a side note- foot movement/range of motion improving.
    Karin

well at 113 degrees its too hot to do much of anything but stay inside in front of a fan with the AC on. How hot is it? The propane company down the road exploded today- so not a joke. Propane Explosion Injures Three, Sparks Grass And House Fires

Observations: When I first read about IFing, I was like, no way!! I GOT to have my 3 meals!! If I skip a meal I will be starving and miserable. Ehh.. ya, not so much. I 'IF' a lot. Sometimes though I have coffee and 'IF' the rest if I am in a hurry or just not hungry. I did this morning because I had some corned beef pretty late last night as a snack.. So, IFing is really not a big deal and you know that kind of empty feeling?? Its not so bad either.

What am I eating: Since I IF'd breakfast, I still kept it light at lunch. A hamburger patty and some celery. Its so hot not really wanting to eat but I am a little hungry. I am going to eat a little something and then call it good. Last night though I did have a 1/3 of a scoop of homemade ice cream. It was a treat (yes it had sugar) but I was content with what I had and did not need more. I do not feel guilty as its a rare occurrence.

Exercise: moved heavy things, did up/downs on some chairs..
    Karin

Marks article was timely. I am still not sure I can explain why grains are poison though. PB book FINALLY came!! I have been flipping through it and reading area's I have questions in. One thing it mentions and also the article covered is that eating grains raises glucose levels and you have to eat more frequent to maintain those levels. This leads to my observation: I am not hungry between meals like I used to be. In fact, even when I start to get hungry its not that "eat your arm off"hunger. I can live with that.

What am I eating: Ate some delish cherries!! Usually stick with berries but had these fresh ones that are awesome. I figure since its nt an everyday thing, we are all good. I would say I am eating at least 95% PB.

EXERCISE: overdid yesterday and due to pain, today was a rest day. In fact, I am curled up with an ice pack. I have not hopped on the gazelle YET. However, a workout video for it arrived today!
    Karin

Did anyone get the plate of that wagon I fell off of and that ran me over??? Ok.. I am eating PB, my mom is also venturing full out into PB but not my daughter. She has her own food issues that as long as she eats I am happy. Well for dinner mom wanted regular wings from Pizza Hut (i am like sounds good- no sauce which is also good), my daughter pineapple pan pizza. I was fine.. I was fine.. I was fine.. and then I was not. We got home and I ate a slice. WTF? I have had no desire for breads, baked good etc. but I ate a slice of this. crap crap crap! Moving on from here...

Exercise: Ugh.. swelling in the feet. I am surprised the left is swollen as I have not had this problem even since surgery. The right foot is still hurting a little and REALLY swollen so I don't think the gazelle is a good idea.

Any ideas????? I am on a water pill, I elevate and I ice.....
    Karin

the results of the pizza have indeed but me in the ass! I felt sluggish most of the day and my tummy has been crampy. Well I guess that will learn me!!

drinking lots of water with lemon and elevating my feet has managed to keep the swelling of feet and ankles at bay. I think I just need to be patient (something I never have enough of).

observation for the day: I went to the grocery store and am amazed at how little I need. I no longer shop all over the store for this and that. produce, meat, dairy, laundry and thats about it. So nice not to have bags and bags of groceries.
    Karin

geez when will I learn?? STAY OFF THE FRIGGIN SCALE!! I think, hmm.. wonder if I will see anything.. yeah, NO! In fact its up 2. I still have a lot of swelling so I am pretty sure that is the culprit.

Eating good.. still amazed that less food keeps me satisfied. All those grain fillers just mucked it all up.
    Karin

Page 4 of 616 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast