Page 392 of 544 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5433

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 392

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a long day. Take care of yourself

That's a real bummer about the babysitter... Of course, if you and mom moved here, Lily could always come hang out with us....
    LOVE THIS!

Ok.. so this morning mom and I stop on the way so she can get some coffee (I have mine TYVM). She comes out with a little cup full of mini cookies. She opens it and offers me one. Here is the thing I take it AUTOMATICALLY without thinking. I did this twice. So often my missteps are when I am on auto-pilot and to be honest, I feel like I am on auto-pilot most of the time. I call it survival mode. So: lesson.. I KNOW I need to be conscious of eating and ask the right questions such as "Am I hungry" "Why would I eat this?" "Why do I want this?" etc.

The good news is: I came out of the store with stuff for Lily and it has no appeal for me (muffins) and a BIG OL BAG of beef jerky to have on hand at school and HWC for my coffee. I have my lunch packed (no eating out) and its my awesome easy-peasy taco salad.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    even on a dd, 2 mini-cookies are not going to throw you off unless you consider it a fail. Knowing it is a minor misstep and something you need to work on is a positive step forward.

p.s. why is your mom buying cookies? If you are on the same plan she should have passed that up. mom.....I think she and I need to have a little chat.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    even on a dd, 2 mini-cookies are not going to throw you off unless you consider it a fail. Knowing it is a minor misstep and something you need to work on is a positive step forward.

p.s. why is your mom buying cookies? If you are on the same plan she should have passed that up. mom.....I think she and I need to have a little chat.
    Its items like this that are behind the rant days earlier. Why indeed??!! Here is the thing.. SHE has diabetes (I do not) but yeah.. I talk, tell her what MY plan is, she says she want to do that too-she gives me lip service then buys cookies. ugh!
    Karin

Very difficult indeed. It is one thing to mess up your own diet (ie. she buys the cookies in the first place) but another thing all together to temp you. A little "misery loves company" or is it "unconscious sabotage"?

At least with my hubs when he actually offers something to me, which is very rare indeed since he almost never prepares (or buys except for restaurants) anything to eat, he is just being nice, he has no idea at any given point in time what my plan is unless it is costing him something. ie. Weight Watchers, it showed as a weekly charge and he does the bills and budget.

yes it is. So, I just need a new "system" or "method" to avoid being sucked down the rabbit hole.
    Karin

Luckily my natural inclination is to say no thanks when offered food, except for instances where one of the kids is cooking and is asking for flavor adjustments. But it took work to get there.

this was a good article:

How to Avoid Overeating and Tempting Foods
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/h...o-food-pushers

so.. instead of automatically taking one:
    "no thanks", "maybe later", "I'll pass thanks" etc. Its just getting the BRAIN to get to that point. Maybe I need a hard and fast rule that unless its an UD, if I did not make it, I wont eat it??
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    For me, the general question is, "is it worth it"? Store bough mini-cookies? Probably not. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, maybe so (depends on the day). And, if it's a down day, it will be there tomorrow...

yep, my hard and fast, except in exceptionally rare instances is "no thanks", if it is homemade? "I would love to take one for later". I never eat anything at cocktail parties or church gatherings or things like that unless it is a dinner I had planned to eat there. I have no trouble not starting, it is stopping once I start that causes my issues, so I just don't start.

PrimalCon New York
    Survived last night..I was exhausted. My dog is sick and am taking her to the vet this morning instead of going to a meeting. Yesterday food was ok..too much sugar. Today will be better in that I will just be in meetings and have no access to it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin