Page 391 of 630 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 6295

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 391

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is a group on FB. The one I set up is called Rose Hill area virtual yardsale. Shoot, if ya'll don't have one. Start one.. its so flippin easy and I keep getting THANK YOU messages. So hey, call it a community service LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ok.. just have to say.. my quick go-to meal is taco salad. My goal is to always keep cooked ground meat (beef, turkey etc) in the fridge. Its so versatile. However the taco salad tastes good every dang time:
    3 oz meat, lettuce, 2-3 T shred cheese, sprinkle tomatoes and onions on it, 1 T of sour cream, hot sauce if you like and BAM.. satisfying dinner. Easy to count too.

whats your quick go-to meal?
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I like a salmon fillet quick sautéed and thrown on top of a huge salad with vinegar and olive oil heavy on the salt and pepper.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

ya know..I "like" fish but not all the time. Of course if I lived near the ocean with fresh caught etc.. I might feel differently. I am sure being from Florida influences that love, ya think? Now, if we were talking seafood.. now you are talking! The stories from when we lived in Savannah and the crab boats...ahhhh LOL

Now.. coming from southern Colorado it was always mexican or italian food choices. I go there first as a go-to.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chicken and a green salad. I eat it several nights a week.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I have DH grill different types of meat on Sunday. During the week, I can defrost some frozen veggies and grab a hunk of meat. I also like ground beef. I can make different curries, or Mexican, or dump in green chile, whatever.

Yep, I am sure the Florida girl in me leans toward fish and shrimp. Now that I live in the middle of the country, I do frozen. I take a frozen filet (or a big handful of shrimp) and slap it straight in a hot pan. I know the directions say to defrost first, never do though. The salmon is amazing with a dollop of homemade mayo and a very generous sprinkle of dill.

I do ground beef about once a week, and usually brown it with diced mushrooms (DS doesn't like them, so I have to hide them in there), chopped onions, and salsa or tomato sauce. I put it over salad, the boys put it over rice or pasta.

I do salmon about once a week, and shrimp about once a week. A pork chop, a steak, and one vegetarian night (for the boys this is a homemade pizza and for me it is lots of nuts and seeds in my salad) round out the week. All served with a big salad, and often an additional roasted veggie. When I roast asparagus or cauliflower or whatever, I also throw potatoes on the cookie sheet for the boys.

Ok.

Today my plan is to fat fast until 3pm. Today it is 3pm because we are conferencing with parents and meeting parents and kids. I have my dinner break from 3-4. I am also going to be HFLC for a few days. My plan is to adjust to lower carb to make my 5:2 ADF easier. Tracking will be done in MFP. Today will be a long day because I will not be done a school until 8pm. Hopefully I am SO tired when I get home I can just go to bed and fall fast asleep and wake well rested.

So there ya go.. nothing real interesting besides trying to get back into my teaching groove and eating poorly. What an easy habit to fall back into- eating poorly.

On the good news, my ipod shuffle came yesterday. I just need to load it with some good tunes so that I can move it move it with the couch to 5K.

Oh bad news.. that great babysitter I had.. yeah.. no more. Grrrr need to find another one.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, that sounds like a long day. Take care of yourself

That's a real bummer about the babysitter... Of course, if you and mom moved here, Lily could always come hang out with us....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oo Ruth, what a sneaky way to get her into your neck of the woods!

Karin, it sounds like a solid plan. My bit of advice to you is to know that every misstep is a lesson to learn. And when it happens, and it will because life happens, I think you should include the lesson you learn when you report to us. From where I sit, you tend to sound very defeated when something is not going perfectly.

I wish instead of falling out of the good habits and into the less than good it was the other way around. It actually sort of makes you wonder about the whole evolutionary bit of the thing right? Wouldn't we naturally fall into what was genetically programmed into us?

Anyway, hang in there, this sounds like a tortuously long day.