Page 390 of 624 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 6239

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 390

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ironically, because I'm a bit of a control freak, I (generally) like being in charge. I tell DH what we're doing and he follows along. Of course, since he's already at my goal weight, I have to make allowances for him

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Why do you feel like the heavy?
    Plan the meals and cook together what is on the plan. If she decides she wants something off the plan she can make it and deal with the consequences.
    I don't know.. its my problem I know. As a little control freak, I like to make a plan and if you say your with me, then be with me over that blasted hill. I need to just focus on my eating and she can follow or not. It just sometimes seems like if I am doing a DD and she is not she is bent out of shape.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Since DH only needs 2 (much higher calorie day) DDs, while I'm doing ADF, I have started making food on my UDs that he can have and enjoy on my DDs. Sure, it's a bit of a pain because he's eating stuff I'd like to be eating, but I'd rather drop some weight. And, of course, he's then very happy because he has something good to eat, and I'm happy that I'm not worried about him (or cooking for him, and potentially slipping on my well-planned and controlled DD).

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I don't know.. its my problem I know. As a little control freak, I like to make a plan and if you say your with me, then be with me over that blasted hill. I need to just focus on my eating and she can follow or not. It just sometimes seems like if I am doing a DD and she is not she is bent out of shape.
    If she gets out of shape, I would simply say, " Mom, I'm following the plan we made and I need. You are free to change things up to meet your needs."

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I usually just add carbs for DH to whatever I am eating on most days.

I am a control freak as well. A friend suggested that if DH decides to retire before I do he can just do the grocery shopping and cooking. Ahahahahhaaa not on your life, cause even if I hate it, I hate it less than the control!

I do get irritated when DH decides to only eat half of the protein portion I cooked then goes in and eats a dessert or blobs of peanut butter. And then tells me after a few days of that the reason he has put on a few pounds is all the meat we eat! Oh yeah, not the rolls or PB or quarts of ice cream or alcohol or platefuls of pasta it is definitely the meat. But I say nothing and keep cooking the way I like to.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

oh my gosh.. as if I did not have enough going on. I just started a group of virtual garage sales in my area... its taking off! Too bad I can not make money on this unless I am selling something! LOL
    Karin

Why you crazy girl
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

well there were a couple small towns in the area that had a page and I thought, why not Rose Hill... and yeah.. in 2 hours 125 members and growing. LOL Hey though, I just bought some new tank tops 7/$10, a cute new purse for $5, a 8 year old dishwasher for $40.. ummm yeah.. this was a GREAT idea. The only thing I need to do is moderate it- easy peasy
    Karin

oh and have a lot of items for sale. hehe
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so it is on facebook? Now I am sure we have one in our "little" town, how do I find it? I am looking for a used trampoline, cause I don't have enough projects and I want to start one more thing to drive the hubster crazy