Page 389 of 622 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 6214

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 389

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    +1what she said. Food is only part of the battle, your mind has to be in the right place and you have to be reasonably well rested.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am working on the well rested. Yet here I am at 3:45 catching up reading posts. My sore throat woke me, then the sounds of rain (which I love) do not seem to be soothing me back to sleep. BTW.. this summer weather has been A-MAZ-ING! Its been raining lately in the evenings, the temps have been in the 80's. The humidity has been thick (I can breath my water for the day which is hell on the asthma (probably explains sore throat)). I have not had a chance to mow though and the dang grass is getting thick.

Anyway, here I am awake. Hoping I can head back to sleep soon. Going to make a cup of tea.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. That one happens to me a lot! It's one of my sleep challenges.

Notice you were a busy girl on Pinterest. Lots of good stuff there

Apparently I do wake up during the night, but I don't usually remember it (fitbit tells me so). But if I have been awakened more than a couple times I usually end up remembering parts of dreams. My problem is that I rarely feel sleepy at night. Mid-afternoon, oh yes, but not at night. So I am not highly motivated to get up and go to bed because I don't feel sleepy. Weird thing is it now usually takes me less than 15 minutes to fall asleep.

I seem to wake up between 1 and 3 regularly lately. Its a pain. I ended up drinking 2 cups of tea, checking some email, pintresting a few things until I cold fall back asleep. On pintrest a while back they had a recipe you prepare ahead of time for sore throats, coughs etc. I made some because well, it sounded good and when you need it and don't have it sucks. You chop a lemon, put in a jar, pour honey over the whole thing and let sit in the fridge. Ok.. its amazing by itself and fabulous in tea. The strange thing is, the peel even tastes good when you eat it. I used this with both cups of tea last night and while the throat is still sore, its not as bad as it was last night.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Apparently I do wake up during the night, but I don't usually remember it (fitbit tells me so). But if I have been awakened more than a couple times I usually end up remembering parts of dreams. My problem is that I rarely feel sleepy at night. Mid-afternoon, oh yes, but not at night. So I am not highly motivated to get up and go to bed because I don't feel sleepy. Weird thing is it now usually takes me less than 15 minutes to fall asleep.
    I need to start wearing my fitbit again
    Karin

ok.. here is the thing. My mom always wants to do whatever I am doing health wise (JUDDD, LCHF etc) but then I feel like I am waiting on her, or correcting her on what "we" are doing. Gah!! Its too much work and I am frustrated she just does not take account for herself but I feel she is dependent on me for this. I can barely take care of nutritional shit for me and then I get sucked into her vortex and then I get frustrated and say "F" it. I am trying to think of how I can just stay under the radar and do what I need to for me. I really think I need to eat alone. sorry for the rant.. just frustrated.
    Karin

not to be argumentative, but it seems if you would consider her an ally in this journey, it might work out for you. If you plan your meals together and shop together and eat together you would have someone you would have to be accountable to built right in. It has to be easier to have her on whatever plan you are on than to have her doing, say, low fat while you are doing LCHF. I think if you are planning the crock pot meals then that is what is for dinner. You can just keep things in the house for those days that either your mom or Lily don't like what you have (and of course they would have to fix their alternative by themselves). just a thought

We try and plan the meals together. I just feel like the heavy and I don't like it.
    Karin

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    We try and plan the meals together. I just feel like the heavy and I don't like it.
    Why do you feel like the heavy?
    Plan the meals and cook together what is on the plan. If she decides she wants something off the plan she can make it and deal with the consequences.