Page 386 of 617 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 6165

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 386

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh man, this is one of the very few days I can ever remember being hungry for breakfast. If it was a dd for me I would have had to switch it, hunger pangs at 7am is no way to start a dd!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I woke hungry too!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I cant remember the last time I ate breakfast. But I needed it today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Paleohacks posted this about IF

Reason #1: Intermittent Fasting creates an easy eating schedule, with a built in framework. Basically - you just don't eat at certain times. Simple. I can see this framework, its not easy yet

Reason #2: It makes insulin management both easier and more effective. The better you can manage your insulin sensitivity, the easier it is to burn fat and gain muscle.this would be cool

Reason #3: Allows for enhanced mental clarity. Personally, if I eat now in the mornings it slows me down. When I'm fasting I am in the ZONE.I need more IF's as in weeks worth under my belt to see this. The only days I do not IF until 4:30 are UD's

Reason #4: Makes dieting easier because of hunger control - you don't need to change your portion sizes. meh

Reason #5: It allows you to eat bigger, more satisfying meals. LOVE to "grub out" at the end of a fast. meh.. I still need order in my life of chaos and control of calories
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Paleohacks posted this about IF

Reason #1: Intermittent Fasting creates an easy eating schedule, with a built in framework. Basically - you just don't eat at certain times. Simple. I can see this framework, its not easy yet

Reason #2: It makes insulin management both easier and more effective. The better you can manage your insulin sensitivity, the easier it is to burn fat and gain muscle.this would be cool

Reason #3: Allows for enhanced mental clarity. Personally, if I eat now in the mornings it slows me down. When I'm fasting I am in the ZONE.I need more IF's as in weeks worth under my belt to see this. The only days I do not IF until 4:30 are UD's

Reason #4: Makes dieting easier because of hunger control - you don't need to change your portion sizes. meh

Reason #5: It allows you to eat bigger, more satisfying meals. LOVE to "grub out" at the end of a fast. meh.. I still need order in my life of chaos and control of calories
    #1 simple yes, but not always easy

#2 I feel like this must be true for me now because I no longer get that ill feeling I used to get when I went without food for more than about 3 hours.

#3 When I was working this in April and May I felt better all the way around. Mentally clearer and physically more active, cant remember how long it took to get there as it was a progression but given 4.5 hours of gardening on 5.5 hours of sleep I am thinking I am on my way!

#4 well actually that is why I instituted the md's so I could let loose on my ud's and surprisingly if I weigh and track them I am pretty much on target calorie wise.

#5 well for me it is more like I am satisfied with much less food than that I allow myself to pork out, or that I even want to pork out. I do not, however, limit what I eat on my ud's, again that is why I added the md's. So it is not always Primal, but it is (about 99% of the time) made from scratch.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

DD today..
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    You've got this!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

I know.. I need to drink more. 12:46 and tummy says its time to eat! Of course, I have had ZERO calories yet today.
    Karin

no coffee? I couldn't do it without my coffee!

well.. the IF did not wait until 4:30 and this was more a low MD than a DD. UGH! Maybe I need to work up to 2 DD/week. I still did not drink enough today.

Tomorrow is another MD. Wednesday I have a lunch meeting so I think it will be an UD. The bad news is I think it will be pizza.
    Karin