Page 379 of 625 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 6245

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 379

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Binge last night at @ 11pm. I was unpacking and I think it was exhaustion. Ever been too tired to sleep? Its kinda like that. It would also explain why my weight is up a pound at 8:16am this morning. I am up a pound the scale says for the week. I have not measured and am going to wait another week. The intual weigh-in was on my moms scale but now that I have mine moved I am back to weighing on that. Her's is digital, mine is not.. her's shows me at 3 pounds higher (ugh) no thanks.

This week I am going to start weighing my food. I also need to add to the rumble strip that there are no trips to the kitchen after dinner. I need to just make my large glass of water and take it with me to bed.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

oh side note: I post this here because its personal. IF I gripe here about personal issues I should also post the resolutions of them etc. Lily had a med added (respridone) and OMG.. I feel like I have my sweet daughter back. She is so much more pleasant and you can actually talk and reason with her without ugly episodes. Now my conversations and interactions leave me in awe that this miniscual RX has such a huge affect with her. She also has her laughter and humor back. The last week or so has been amazing.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much for posting this. So often we post the troubles and take the good stuff for granted and don't bother to post. I love hearing the rest of the story. Doing a happy dance for you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Its 12:30.. I have had 2 larger iced coffee's with 2T of HWC each (I measured)-no sweeteners. I am feeling the empty hunger feeling. I need to make some ACV water. The goal is to make it to 4:30p. I am going to also make a sort of smoothie at that time unless we are ready to start dinner. We have been eating dinner @ 7pm each night and that is just too darn late. I end up being in in bed asleep close to midnight and that is not good for me. I want to get back to dinner being around 5-6pm. I also need to cut back on my computer time. I have been splitting the time between fun items (social media) and research for school ideas. Either way, too much time on computer with aids my procrastination on unpacking.
    Karin

I like to have dinner at 6 to 6:30. That gives me time to get home drink my smoothie, do a few chores, make dinner, eat, clean the kitchen, and relax for an hour or so and get to bed early enough to easily wake up in the morning.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

well.. had the BEST NAP EVER!! I woke at 4:30pm. SO I broke my fat fast @ 5pm. I have entered my dinner and my calories for the day are hitting at 1429. So, this is not an UD or a DD. What do I do from here? On the plus side, when I ate a little something at 5p, my body was not raging for food. I probably could have waited a bit further.

edit: FULL from dinner.

Q: If I keep to 1500 calories most days and UD/DD occasionally will it produce a loss? I mean, doing the math with an UD/DD I would think so.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 07-21-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Karin

Every one is different, for me trying to keep to moderate calories every day did not work. I would call it a low calorie diet. Been there done that many many times with no long term positive effects.

I would strongly suggest you watch the video if you want to so a version of IF. Weight is not the only benefit to the regular very low calorie days.

Now naturally there is no reason you cant try and do the whole thing in a way that suits you best, and if you can stick to 1500 on a regular basis with an occasional ud or dd I would just suggest that you decide ahead of time what occasional means and set up a rumble strip.
    Chris
    Unknown

I can almost kick myself because I could have done a DD, no sweat, today. However, once I started eating.. I was hungry. How does that work??! Come hell or high water, I am NOT eating anything else tonight. I will drink water water water and tell the bod to just shut up already.

Tomorrow I am going to do the fat fast until 4:40ish (will do a couple glasses of iced coffee with HWC). I am going to see if I can do a DD tomorrow.

Aside from UD/DD I want to limit my eating window. I actually felt good (of course this is summer and I am not teaching) not eating. So perhaps I need to look at that as well. Crap on a cracker, I am just all over the board here.

There are a lot of videos around, which one are you talking about?
    Karin

The one from Dr. Moseley. Sorry, i had thought I posted the link in your journal. I can find it for you in the morning when I get on my computer.

I generally feel pretty good when I go till 4:30 without food. But today I ate first time at noon, but all carbs were from veggies and fresh fruit, and felt great too. It seems pretty obvious to me that the two things that really make me sluggish are...1)eating wheat and sugar and 2) starting my morning sitting in front of the computer.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The one from Dr. Moseley. Sorry, i had thought I posted the link in your journal. I can find it for you in the morning when I get on my computer.

I generally feel pretty good when I go till 4:30 without food. But today I ate first time at noon, but all carbs were from veggies and fresh fruit, and felt great too. It seems pretty obvious to me that the two things that really make me sluggish are...1)eating wheat and sugar and 2) starting my morning sitting in front of the computer.
    agreed and they are all addictions. I need to re-read/modify my rumble strip again..
    Karin