Page 377 of 614 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 377

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey looking for the pin.. where do I find it?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It is pinned in my health board.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I have a friend coming to help me with some crafting tomorrow so I am likely to use my extra up day calories for wine tomorrow.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

10:47p.. hungry.. tummy rumbling.. crap
    Karin

not a successful DD.. ended up with @ 1500 calories. I am going to try a couple nice UD and then a DD again. Not only that but my choice had wheat and I am feeling it this morning. My hands hurt and am a bit puffy. I also do not think I drank enough yesterday. That was probably what set me up to fail the DD. I did stay out of the ice cream though.. although, that might have been a better choice.

Today:
    curriculum planning meeting
    more packing at the old place
    more unpacking at the new

note to self: post rumble strips and plans in common access for me
    Karin

I would work a few days (at least) of lower carb. I think that a DD is easier when your body is not doing the sugar swings. I never went into ketosis that I know of, but when I had been lower carb for my UD's my DD were easier. Now that I have a habit of not eating while at work, and not eating after dinner, most of my DD's are reasonably easy even if they follow a fairly high carb day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I know that now that I'm "restarting", I'm having to wean back off the carbs before I can do a DD. It seems funny, because relative to most people, I was still "low carb", but I feel like my body needs fewer carbs than most. I'm finally feeling better. I'm hopeful that soon, I'll be able to get 2 DDs in a week going

yep, even my high carb days are way below the SAD suggestions. But I am finding, that I like to be under 150g, and probably over 50g (except on DD's). That gives me the flexibility to be able to eat berries and seasonal fruits, as well as dairy. It doesn't hinder my weight loss, have a negative effect on the way I feel or create cravings, and seems to keep me from binging.

Thrilled you are feeling better, Ruth!

good intentions.. good intentions..the past 2 days were paved with them while living in crazy town.

Its 6:30a, I have not had anything to eat or drink today. My plan is to stay within the rumble strips so I can post positive and exciting results of the day.

Yesterday: lots of sweating in 96 degrees + wicked humidity moving crap. I went beyond overwhelmed and let me tell you, its not a happy place. Please do not visit it if you can help it.

Today: staying in the AC as much as possible mostly unpacking and sticking to the "get back to healthy" plan. Lily has her dr appt today about her blood tests. So far, I am just hoping we are talking about anemia because that is something easily (fairly) fixable. I have been researching higher iron foods I can feed her to help her blood. On the plus side, I got her to eat soft tacos (yes on flour tortillas) however she ate ground beef with a little cheese- I am good with that. She seems to like them as much as her bean burritos.
    Karin

They give me shots for low iron blood, be prepared if she hates shots as much as my kids do. But the effect is nearly immediate.

Unless she has a problem with wheat, I would put that pretty low on my worry list for her.
    Chris
    Unknown