Page 375 of 614 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 375

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ok, well DD emailed me so I allowed myself to get on the computer tonight instead of waiting till tomorrow. So what that means for you is that I will add the link to the video here for your enjoyment...Eat, Fast and Live Longer - Horizon on Vimeo

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ok.. soooo 5UD, 2DD and I will LOSE??? I will check out the video but it seems like I will have 3 outrageous high calorie days with no balance and thats ok?

Side bar: Ok.. trying NOT to flip out. The nurse called with Lily's blood results and she said she has really low white blood cell counts and red blood cells counts as well as a very low hemoglobin. She said its possible she is anemic (which does not surprise me, the girl does not eat and when she does its not well) but I have to call her primary tomorrow and check up on it. The nurse that called is from the center that manages her meds.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

omg.. I increased the water and I think it loosened everything.. this is NOT fun. sorry tmi
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    omg.. I increased the water and I think it loosened everything.. this is NOT fun. sorry tmi
    Better out than in, I say.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

true but its so embarrassing..
    Karin

Karin, here's the math... If you do 7 days x's 2480 calories that would be 17,360 a week (and lets be honest it has probably been more than that pretty regularly) and that would be considered maintenance. So if you take 2 days and make them 640 that would be 3,680 less calories a week and basically that is one pound using CW. And basically my experience showed that to be true, I lost 1 pound a week. Now I happen to think it is more than the straight calorie cut, but who cares why. I get to eat in a manner that fits my life in all ways possible and a way I can jump right back to and can reasonably maintain for life and I get to lose while I am doing it.

Hope everything is ok with Lilly and it is just anemia. It does seem that is highly likely given her diet and she takes meds. Thinking bout cha.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

true.. all true. I needed to see the math again, thank you.

Today is a DD 620 calories and my tummy is tender from last nights issues. I am thirsty but am wary about drinking too much water. I do not think I was consuming all that much before though. I had infused water with lemon and mint.

Lily: I have a call into her primary care physician. I find it interesting that he signed off on the blood work and did not call but the office the report went to was concerned and called. Anyway, we will see what he has to say later today I guess. Her diet is sketchy at best. However, she is on a med that robs appetite and now one that increases appetite. So far she has been eating better and sleeping better. She seldom eats meat. I am not sure why (texture, flavor etc.).
    Karin

I can't believe that water is your issue from last night? you sure it wasn't something you ate? I would think you are better off flushing whatever it is out of the system (that is what your body seemed to be trying to do, right?), I would drink, but spread it out, don't drink a bunch all at once.

Our family are not big red meat eaters either. Just, I dunno, not. But I tend to be anemic because of the IBD. And truth be told the IBD doesn't allow me to use the iron I ingest, whether it is meat or pills, so I have to get shots every once in a while when the values get too low. I am border line right now, but insurance won't pay till they get below a certain level.

mom seems to think that maybe its the lemon and mint I put in the water?? I don;t know. I did not think I was drinking that much. As for food, I did not eat anything new or exotic. Anyhow.. kind of a good thing today is a DD and taking it easy on the digestive system. 10:17am (I have been up about an hour) and so far, I am not hungry. I might have some broth in a little bit if I start to feel hungry. Right now, I am thirsty and I mean THIRSTY!

Lily is going to the water park today which means I can get more moving done.
    Karin

was the mint from your garden, and did you wash it well? It may not have been what you actually ate but something that was in or on veggies or fruit?

Drink, don't get dehydrated.