Page 374 of 636 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 6360

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 374

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I try and make simple meals like you are mentioning. Eggs and bacon are good go-to's.

Yesterday I did better I think although I fell into a bag of pretzel mm's and had some skittles. Now the good news is it gave me one heck of a belly ache (thats also the bad news) but I think I am sugared out at this point. I have been drinking flavor infused water lately and enjoying it. I think its helping with the whole flushing aspect.

I am looking to make today even better. No sugar at all today, no wheat, no dairy. One day at a time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ok.. here is a start

1) FOOD
    Follow Paleo rules
    50-64 carb gram limit per day,
    2000+ calories on non fast days, 500-700 on fast days (to start)
    2 fast days/week max
    No food after 7pm (sleep)
    Take supplements +meds
    Drink 50oz water min. No more than 3 diet sodas per week (to start)

2) DATA
    Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Sundays) Track in journal or MFP.
    Track food every evening (check food rumble strips)

3) EXERCISE
    Arms, pilates ABC’s and incorporate the treadmill

4) SLEEP
    7 hrs minimum
    In Bed by 9 (Summer)
    Dark Quiet Room
    TV/computer/book off by 10pm (summer)

5) BINGES
    If a binge happens, journal about it, let it go, get back to Paleo eating ASAP
    Goal - fewer than 4 binges / month
    Allowing myself a serving of ice cream 1-2 times a month is not binging. Binging is out of control eating behavior.

6) SYSTEMS
    Type out, print and post systems.
    Reread and evaluate systems 1x/week on Sun.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    those look familiar. I think it looks doable. As for the sugar, or whatever you do that is off plan, as #5 says...journal it/track it, let it go, get back on plan ASAP!

Here with ya.

tracking pretty well today. Its 3pm and I am feeling hungry. I drank a little coffee and the hunger persisted so I had some leftover pork steak. I want salty, I want sweet (and then I remember OD-ing on sugar and feeling ill). I am kind of in a scrouging mood as dinner is not for a while.

We got another truckload done today, I got the front yard of moms mowed and as I started to finish the rain started to come. So.. unpacking in the house although, its mostly laundry items. This move is taking FOREVER.. I hate moving.
    Karin

question/concern:

Ok.. I have entered my food for today and even pre-entered dinner and pm snack. Here are my results:

Calories 1507
    Carb 64
    Fat 100
    protein 92

This looks like a moderate day and not an UD, yes? I feel like I have been off track for so long, I am learning this all over again.
    Karin

that would be pretty low for an up day, yes. Did you sign up for the 5:2 forum? When you put your weight in their Progress Tracker it gives you your target values and it updates them every time you put your weight in. My current values are 542 and 2167, so my moderate days-and these are something I totally made up so you can do what works for you- are the half way point which is about 1300.

nope I have not signed up yet. I totally forgot to tell you the truth.. I need to go and look on Ruth and Paula's journal for the website.
    Karin

ok.. so I entered my info (oh my, have I ever back slided). However, I am not seeing my "plan".

edit: OK!! Here it is:

my feed days are 2480
    my fast days are 620

Having said that.. today was a "feed" day but I am coming in WAY low..

edit: posted this in MFP
    Ok... I am back to it! I am doing a 5:2.. 1580 would be a daily calorie count. However for an UD 2480 and a DD 620. If you find teh average of the 2 numbers you get about 1580/day. However, 5:2 says the average weightloss is 1 pound per week and MFP says eating 1580 will cause me to lose 2 pounds per week. Which is correct?? Why the difference? To be honest, I will be happy to just LOSE ANYTHING!
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 07-15-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok so the 1580 has nothing to do with the "official" 5:2. Your numbers, the 2480 and the 620 are the numbers you use for your up and down days.

If you do 2 down days and 5 up days a week you will lose a pound a week I promise.

Since I don't eat at work I decided to make my other 2 work days moderate (I work 4 consecutive days a week, so I do a down day, a moderate day, a dd, a md, then 3 up days each week). This is something I totally made up so I would have more flexibility on my up days, since I do 3 in a row.

According to MFP if you eat 1500 calories a day, every day, you will lose 2 pounds a week. But I feel pretty sure you have already tried cutting calories every day and that isn't how it works. The truth is you manage it for a very short while and then go off with a vengeance. And with 5:2 you theoretically end up with almost the same deficit each week but with less pain because you only count calories for 2 days.

Then the 5:2 also shows other non-scale benefits, that you don't get with a daily cut back in calories.

I would go back and watch the video if I were you it is informative and entertaining. I have it favorited on my computer if you can't find the link I will get it for you when I get back on there.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-15-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: trying to clarify, hope it helped?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.