Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 373 of 651 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 6510

Thread: The Journey begins with me

Shop Now
    So today is day one of back on track. Even though the move is not finished and there is a lot on my plate I know there will never be a "good" time. I need to suck it up, get back on track and just "deal" with life in a non-food manner. TODAY I am going to go for a DD. I am aiming for 700 calories. I want to get to the 500 mark, but not the first day. So far this morning my body is sending hunger signals but I am suspecting that they are false as they dissipate after a short while. I am going to make sure I am well hydrated today as well with ACV water, herbal teas and I might even try and make some mojito water. I also need to get back to regularly taking my meds.. I have been so off for the past week or so.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Actually Karin, I think the signals that come and then dissipate are the true signals of hunger, at least for me. I will get a little nudge of tummy growl and then it will go away. Then a bit later comes a larger nudge and then it will go away. For me the false hunger pangs are called out by the fact that I am standing in front of the pantry door looking for quick carbs, and this action is rarely preceded by tummy grumble, but usually just the thought that I am hungry-so more of a brain fart.

It seems my hunger signals are usually more thought based rather than physically based, which is why the wait. Although, I have had a couple of light hunger signals so I have had little somethings. I am also posting in the notes part of MFP.
    Karin

started off strong.. fell apart in the middle and ended the day strong. On another good note, I have had 3 HUGE travel cups full of ACV water. With the move and such.. we have eaten out SO MUCH I feel like a swollen mess. My right knee and ankle hurt when I do not have them propped up.

I would consider today a downish day.. but I am sure I am way over 700 calories. I did not track calories but I noted the food in the notes section of MFP. The rest of the night will be ACV water and perhaps some of the mint-lemon infused water I made earlier. Tomorrow will be better. I need to get back to the positive habits I used to have such as:
    pre-tracking
    carbs <50 (for now at least)

I have been having a little dairy and can we just say its gas-o-rific?? So, dairy needs to hit the road except on special occasions when I treat myself to ice cream. I also need to remember ice cream is a treat and not an entitlement.

I have been doing well on cutting back the AS. I do have a coke zero from time to time though. The good news is it does not feel like an addiction like when I was drinking diet coke. I am not sure of the difference but one I can not stay away from and one I can drink moderately.

I also need to remember my moms influence with food is not always the best and need to be stronger in that department as well.
    Karin

Sounds like you are getting a good handle on it, especially with what you have been going through lately. That right there is progress.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I don't know if it would work, but perhaps you and mom can plan a dinner menu for the week? I thought I remembered how happy she was when she ate at your house during LCFH days? Maybe some of those meals would make you both happy. And/or, freezer to crockpot meals are a life safer in my house

Ruth.. we have been talking about this a lot. However, I have to remember I am the structured one here. If I don't make it happen it wont happen. To be honest.. its a bit exhausting. However, if its what I have to do then okdokay!! Ruth, you are right though.. she is happy when I am planning the meals and cooking.
    Karin

It is a pain. DH is great at execution, but I totally have to do the planning. It's a pain...but usually worth it during the week.

It CAN be exhausting. I have a ton of freezer meals pinned...I can give you links to some really quick ones!

Also, you might have a list of 15 minute dinners, for THOSE nights.

great ideas and yes I would love those links!!
    Karin

Shop Now
    for me I plan for 4 or 5 nights and then allow the others to be left overs. If there are no leftovers then that is the night I pull out the eggs, throw in some veggies, and add a salad. For me, as I am absolutely horrible with organizational things, my planning is like beef with asparagus, chicken thighs with mushrooms, fish with spinach, etc. Always with a salad, then I look for the exact recipe online that afternoon when I decide which I feel like. I just make sure I have a well stocked pantry, and that the main ingredients are in the house. I hate shopping after work.