Page 373 of 624 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 6239

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 373

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So today is day one of back on track. Even though the move is not finished and there is a lot on my plate I know there will never be a "good" time. I need to suck it up, get back on track and just "deal" with life in a non-food manner. TODAY I am going to go for a DD. I am aiming for 700 calories. I want to get to the 500 mark, but not the first day. So far this morning my body is sending hunger signals but I am suspecting that they are false as they dissipate after a short while. I am going to make sure I am well hydrated today as well with ACV water, herbal teas and I might even try and make some mojito water. I also need to get back to regularly taking my meds.. I have been so off for the past week or so.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Actually Karin, I think the signals that come and then dissipate are the true signals of hunger, at least for me. I will get a little nudge of tummy growl and then it will go away. Then a bit later comes a larger nudge and then it will go away. For me the false hunger pangs are called out by the fact that I am standing in front of the pantry door looking for quick carbs, and this action is rarely preceded by tummy grumble, but usually just the thought that I am hungry-so more of a brain fart.

It seems my hunger signals are usually more thought based rather than physically based, which is why the wait. Although, I have had a couple of light hunger signals so I have had little somethings. I am also posting in the notes part of MFP.
    Karin

started off strong.. fell apart in the middle and ended the day strong. On another good note, I have had 3 HUGE travel cups full of ACV water. With the move and such.. we have eaten out SO MUCH I feel like a swollen mess. My right knee and ankle hurt when I do not have them propped up.

I would consider today a downish day.. but I am sure I am way over 700 calories. I did not track calories but I noted the food in the notes section of MFP. The rest of the night will be ACV water and perhaps some of the mint-lemon infused water I made earlier. Tomorrow will be better. I need to get back to the positive habits I used to have such as:
    pre-tracking
    carbs <50 (for now at least)

I have been having a little dairy and can we just say its gas-o-rific?? So, dairy needs to hit the road except on special occasions when I treat myself to ice cream. I also need to remember ice cream is a treat and not an entitlement.

I have been doing well on cutting back the AS. I do have a coke zero from time to time though. The good news is it does not feel like an addiction like when I was drinking diet coke. I am not sure of the difference but one I can not stay away from and one I can drink moderately.

I also need to remember my moms influence with food is not always the best and need to be stronger in that department as well.
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are getting a good handle on it, especially with what you have been going through lately. That right there is progress.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I don't know if it would work, but perhaps you and mom can plan a dinner menu for the week? I thought I remembered how happy she was when she ate at your house during LCFH days? Maybe some of those meals would make you both happy. And/or, freezer to crockpot meals are a life safer in my house

Ruth.. we have been talking about this a lot. However, I have to remember I am the structured one here. If I don't make it happen it wont happen. To be honest.. its a bit exhausting. However, if its what I have to do then okdokay!! Ruth, you are right though.. she is happy when I am planning the meals and cooking.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It is a pain. DH is great at execution, but I totally have to do the planning. It's a pain...but usually worth it during the week.

It CAN be exhausting. I have a ton of freezer meals pinned...I can give you links to some really quick ones!

Also, you might have a list of 15 minute dinners, for THOSE nights.

great ideas and yes I would love those links!!
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    for me I plan for 4 or 5 nights and then allow the others to be left overs. If there are no leftovers then that is the night I pull out the eggs, throw in some veggies, and add a salad. For me, as I am absolutely horrible with organizational things, my planning is like beef with asparagus, chicken thighs with mushrooms, fish with spinach, etc. Always with a salad, then I look for the exact recipe online that afternoon when I decide which I feel like. I just make sure I have a well stocked pantry, and that the main ingredients are in the house. I hate shopping after work.