Page 371 of 546 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 5459

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 371

  1. #3701
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,555
    hey, focus on one thing at a time. Moving.

    Now, if you want to improve the likelihood you will feel good doing it as well, then you are going to have to cut out the things that make you feel bad...I would get super specific, not follow anyone else's rules here. You have AS out, great, now does dairy make you feel bad? Does sugar make you feel bad? Cut out only the things that have a negative effect on your health. And for heavens sake, worry about your weight when your move in is complete, but not before.

    For the sweet...put some chilled coconut milk and some fresh fruit into the blender, whirl and enjoy. Or pick something out on Dessertstalker or if it doesn't have and effect on you physically then allow yourself a cup of ice cream once in a while.

    But, trying to drop all sorts of things in the middle of an unexpected move, not the best way to reduce stress, unless it reduces physical pain/discomfort.

  2. #3702
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,544
    catching up with all that happening in your world! HOLY MOLY! The 10th is coming soon and then things will begin to calm down and settle in again.

    Its good to hear Lily is going with the flow and not making things more difficult.

    And I totally agree with the others............. focus on the move, and try to minimize the foods that will cause you to feel bad. It might feel good in the moment to eat something that gives you an emotional boost...... but if you end up with a physical issue then try really hard to make the better choice.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

  3. #3703
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,930
    I am going to be looking into the CM ice cream. Since it comes in such small containers and is pricey, perhaps that will help with the over indulgence.

    Just when I "think" I have a handle on things, I swear my daughter does something new to top it all. Found out yesterday as I was going through my bank account. She has racked up charges playing the "free" apps on her tablet. Ummm yeah, these charges added up to $251.40. I about choked. Now the good news is Amazon is able to reverse some of the charges but they will be in the form of credit on my account, not back in the bank. She is having to pay this back by earning money doing chores for others and slave labor for me. Mad does not cover this. Last night I had good intentions to handle this (we are talking food). I took a suggestion from above (CM, fresh pineapple, a little shred coconut) and then thought, what the hell.. added a jigger or 2 of rum. She then has the nerve to tell me she does not want to move (like there is much choice). I will say it again.. parenting is not for the faint hearted.

    ok.. bright side, bright side.. here it is.. its not blazing hot!! We have had some balmy 80+ degree weather.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  4. #3704
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,930
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Coconut milk ice cream is pretty darn tasty. Not cheap, but very tasty!

    You've given up some things that are really hard to give up. Artificial sweeteners, diet soda........pat yourself on the back for the pluses instead of beating yourself up over the minuses.

    Good thoughts for a successful moving in transition.
    I am looking into the CM ice cream. I have tried to make it myself but it ends up as CM ICE.. and hard as..

    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    hey, focus on one thing at a time. Moving.

    Now, if you want to improve the likelihood you will feel good doing it as well, then you are going to have to cut out the things that make you feel bad...I would get super specific, not follow anyone else's rules here. You have AS out, great, now does dairy make you feel bad? Does sugar make you feel bad? Cut out only the things that have a negative effect on your health. And for heavens sake, worry about your weight when your move in is complete, but not before.

    For the sweet...put some chilled coconut milk and some fresh fruit into the blender, whirl and enjoy. Or pick something out on Dessertstalker or if it doesn't have and effect on you physically then allow yourself a cup of ice cream once in a while.

    But, trying to drop all sorts of things in the middle of an unexpected move, not the best way to reduce stress, unless it reduces physical pain/discomfort.
    Dairy gives me some gastric distress, sugar just makes me feel guilty but not bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    catching up with all that happening in your world! HOLY MOLY! The 10th is coming soon and then things will begin to calm down and settle in again.

    Its good to hear Lily is going with the flow and not making things more difficult.

    And I totally agree with the others............. focus on the move, and try to minimize the foods that will cause you to feel bad. It might feel good in the moment to eat something that gives you an emotional boost...... but if you end up with a physical issue then try really hard to make the better choice.
    thank you so much. I agree, focusing on the move is #1. My goal right now is to make as good as food choices as I can under the circumstances.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  5. #3705
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,555
    ok, so then, if sugar is just a mental thing, but dairy is a physical thing, I am going to suggest that for the next couple of weeks you ease (only slightly) on yourself and allow a hint of sugar. For the coconut thing, what if you do the coconut whip where you put the can in the fridge and then whip the thick part leaving the watery part for other uses (smoothies?), then put the whipped part on top of fresh fruit. Now I am going to admit that I use a bit (about a tsp per quart of cut fresh fruit ie. strawberries or peaches) of sugar to get the fruit to make a syrup. But I don't have a physical problem with sugar like that and I don't eat that much fruit in that way. And the whipped coconut cream would be quite good on fruit like that. It would give you a reasonable sweet without the dairy or grain that causes you physical issues.

  6. #3706
    honeybuns's Avatar
    honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,220
    If you do add a bit of sugar, make it the quality stuff, not the refined crap.

    You can do this.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

  7. #3707
    marcadav's Avatar
    marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am going to be looking into the CM ice cream. Since it comes in such small containers and is pricey, perhaps that will help with the over indulgence.

    Just when I "think" I have a handle on things, I swear my daughter does something new to top it all. Found out yesterday as I was going through my bank account. She has racked up charges playing the "free" apps on her tablet. Ummm yeah, these charges added up to $251.40. I about choked. Now the good news is Amazon is able to reverse some of the charges but they will be in the form of credit on my account, not back in the bank. She is having to pay this back by earning money doing chores for others and slave labor for me. Mad does not cover this. Last night I had good intentions to handle this (we are talking food). I took a suggestion from above (CM, fresh pineapple, a little shred coconut) and then thought, what the hell.. added a jigger or 2 of rum. She then has the nerve to tell me she does not want to move (like there is much choice). I will say it again.. parenting is not for the faint hearted.

    ok.. bright side, bright side.. here it is.. its not blazing hot!! We have had some balmy 80+ degree weather.
    Is there a a way to block/lock apps on her tablet? If not, I suggest only letting her use the tablet, x amount of time in your presence, until she has worked off the charges. All with the clear understanding-- if she uses an app, she loses the tablet.

    I'm a firm believer in, you can choose the choice, you can't control the consequences. Having uncomfortable, yet direct consequences tends to help you think about the possible consequences, before you pull the trigger on the choice.

    I totally agree, parenting is not for the faint hearted. And being a single parent sometimes calls for having a cardiologist and therapist on speed dial!

  8. #3708
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,555
    What she says+1!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

    My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

  9. #3709
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,930
    I have everything blocked on her tablet, disconnected from being able to purchase anything. I have had parental controls on and subscribed to mobicip to monitor her online mobility. It just did not monitor online purchases. For now though, she is grounded from electronics and internet until the end of summer. She is also working to pay back her debt.

    Since giving up dairy, I have really come to appreciate certain brands of CM. I really like the Thai traditions better than the one I was getting from Amazon- can not remember the name. The Thai whips up better and I agree there is a lot you can do with whipped CM. I do not typically put sugar in my fruit but it might be what I need when I am wanting a sugar hit.

    I went to the store and they were closing out some brands of CM ice cream, Green tea. So, knowing I could have it I bought 6 containers (quarts?) they has for $1.32 each. I call that a bargin. That is some smooth good tasting ice cream. It also hit that ice cream monster than seems to be coming around a lot lately.

    I want to wish my MDA friends a Happy Independence Day! I hope your day sparkles!! The plan for me today is more working to get moved and then we are heading out to a bbq joint for dinner with friends (my plan is meat and salad), then off to the ice cream social in the little town my mom lives in (I thought to bring some dates and figs instead of eating ice cream) and then the city fireworks display put on by the Lions Club.

    Right now I am battling a stuffy nose, sore throat and a headache (again, still, again).
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  10. #3710
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    8,555
    PrimalCon New York
    Not all fruits need the sugar (pineapple for example), but berries and peaches do make a nice syrup if just a pinch is added.

    The evening events sound fun! We are having rain here, so ours have been canceled. Well the big one downtown is still on, but we avoid that like the plague, it is wall to wall people for blocks around the display! Drunk crazy people I might add. But that is ok, as we got to see a fireworks display on the 2nd (which is the day the declaration was actually signed), and our 4th of July tradition is to watch the movie 1776 together. So we are good.

    Wondering if the stuffy nose, sore throat and headache have anything to do with either the stray away toward the foods that you know your body doesn't like, and/or doing all that moving in all that heat, and/or stress. I am guessing it is a combo of all of the above.

    p.s. when I go to socials I try to keep a drink in one hand and something (usually my purse) in the other, and don't eat at all while there. If someone asks or suggests I go get a plate, I say I already did or I am on my way but don't do it. I am a talker, so it is easy for me to socialize and not stop to eat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •