Page 370 of 613 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 6128

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 370

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    P, you must be desperate for an escape

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    True. The idea of visiting Kansas scares the crap out of me. I don't want to meet any tornados.

you're funny! Every part of the country has its particular natural disasters. But tornadoes freak me out too, I am used to hurricanes being a Florida girl, and they way they announce that the tornado will be over your neighborhood in 6 minutes is just weird! At least with hurricanes you have weeks to prepare, even if you don't believe it.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    True. The idea of visiting Kansas scares the crap out of me. I don't want to meet any tornados.
    Even Oregon gets tornados.
    Rare Oregon Tornado Damages Buildings - weather.com

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

Bah!!! People out here hardly go into shelters.. they are the ones chasing them or standing on the porch taking pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    you're funny! Every part of the country has its particular natural disasters. But tornadoes freak me out too, I am used to hurricanes being a Florida girl, and they way they announce that the tornado will be over your neighborhood in 6 minutes is just weird! At least with hurricanes you have weeks to prepare, even if you don't believe it.
    Ummm, around here we usually have way more than a 6 min warning.. in fact, watching some strange weather tonight but so car the T word is not mentioned.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

They seem to pop up pretty quickly around here. Course I dont really follow the weather. But in Florida is the the topic of every conversation, if one is on the way, wondering when and where it will hit or if it will die or veer off, for weeks.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

currently watching radar.. this storm has downed some trees in the Wichita area and the sky is looking pretty green right now.
    Karin

oh gosh, hope it ended up passing quietly.

packing packing packing along with getting moms house ready for me and Lily.. hot sweaty work.

The movers come the 10th to move the furniture. Solid wood furniture is too heavy to move on my own.

Stress level hits and peaks but I know it will all improve once we are totally moved. Lily is adjusting pretty well to the move and does not seem REAL bothered about it. Either she is maturing or she wants a fresh start. Either way, its all good.

My eating has been either horrendous or fabulous but nothing in between. I have not been taking my meds regularly because of the chaos (this includes my water pill) and I am up quite a bit regardless of the constant drinking of fluids in the day. I am trying to eat primally but I tell you, with summer being here I have fallen in love again with ice cream-Neapolitan to be exact. I no longer am adding AS to my tea, I VERY seldom drink diet sodas (mom forgets and gets me one now and then), except the ice cream I am not eating dairy BUT I have a real sugar tooth. I kind of stress/flipped out the other day and ate frosting from the container (oh gosh, I love frosting- any kind). I am really trying to clean things up and not beat myself up over this (that helps nothing) but I feel stuck in the mud and am having trouble moving forward. At this point, while weight loss would be a bonus, I just want to get back to eating right. I have also had my moments of desperation of looking into weight loss surgery but my insurance DOES NOT cover it- the bastards.
    Karin

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk ice cream is pretty darn tasty. Not cheap, but very tasty!

You've given up some things that are really hard to give up. Artificial sweeteners, diet soda........pat yourself on the back for the pluses instead of beating yourself up over the minuses.

Good thoughts for a successful moving in transition.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.