Page 368 of 618 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 6172

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 368

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Always hard and the aspergergers definitely complicates. But I think you know that once you all are on the other side it will be so wonderful. I will pray for the quickest least painful journey there that is possible.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    thank you so much.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Aww, no problem. I got your back.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is tough. My Michael once told me he wanted to live with us forever. Maybe things will be better now that she is older. Can she be reasoned with?

She can be reasoned with to "some" extent. She is really immature for her age though. It seems like all we do is talk..LOL
    Karin

So maybe less reasoning and more limited choices via "Love and Logic"? I found that right about this age is when I had to stop reasoning with my kids, and switched to the method of allowing them the independence to choose one of 2 things and allowed the consequences to fall where they may. Of course the choices were carefully pre-determined by me. This is also about the time that I switched from raising my voice to lowering it to a whisper-totally freaked them out. I did way too much reasoning before I went to the Love and Logic, and it was frustrating because they weren't really listening. Plus they were/are smart enough to know the reason.

p.s. know that I know NOTHING about Aspergers and how to deal with it, so all my advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My son Kevin is nine. He has Aspergers too. Kevin is reasonable...until he is not...then watch out. His irrational anger and outbursts are the main reason why we are seeking an alternative placement for him. I was convinced it was unnecessary until I read his most recent psychological tests. Now I'm as afraid for his future as my husband is. Anyway, all of that was just to let you know that I get it and I'm thinking of you.

Would Lily have to change schools?

Lily will be changing schools and maybe thats a good thing.. fresh start and all? I agree that she is reasonable, until she is not and then holy crap..
    Karin

So for like a flash of a moment I thought I would do a garage sale to get rid of items.. yeah.. I am too tired and stressed.. so I am hauling crap to goodwill.

Movers ordered and they will be here to pick up furniture on the 10th. You know, they are just moving our bedroom sets and a couch and recliner. If the furniture were not SOLID-ASS wood and heavier than hell I would probably not need to hire it done. Consequence for quality?? I am going to try and move most if not all the boxes. Its still pricey for movers.

As for updates on my health.. lets not and say we did.

Lily update: So, she has some poison ivy with the bites AND she has a staff infection in her nose. She is on more meds to take care of it. Her mood is improving "some" but we are still "off".

Paula- I hope your summer break is going better than mine.
    Karin

I assume there is a price break for living with mom?

I am so sorry you have to move again so soon. At least you found out about it during the summer and not the school year.

Maybe you can find some local high school boys (maybe the football team could use a fund raiser?) and pay them to hoist packed boxes into a truck and then back off the truck, and save yourself for the actual packing and unpacking.