Page 364 of 542 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5414

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 364

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    back home, southern colorado.. MANY people landscape with rock/gravel. They even depict scenes like the rocky mountains with different colored rock etc. When I went home for spring break that was a surprise I forgot about. Now, here, when we hit the dog days of summer.. the lawn turns yellow ( I never water- it never dies) and hibernates. However, NOW we get rain and the dang stuff grows like crazy..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    At our home in Florida, we built so we left much of it wild, in the front we just had the area along the drive and parking pad so it was tropical and lush, the back had an area for play with a sky fort and some kind of play mulch, DH was in charge of the landscapes then.

Here I have my back yard with just a tiny bit of landscaping, a fire pit with a stone patio, a dry creek bed, and a perennial garden. I am growing creeping thyme around the stones in the patio and walkway to it, but that will take a few years as I just bought a few plants and am propagating the rest, so weed control necessary there.

The front yard has landscaped areas on both sides to create a barrier between my 1,000 square feet or so of fescue and the neighbors' weeds, and along my drive I have a bit of a rock garden. All of this landscaping is in need of weeding as I am growing the vinca ground cover in the same fashion as the thyme (a few plants and then propagating). So very little mowing but LOTS of weeding. Luckily fescue is a cool season grass, and generally grows (and needs mowed) in spring and fall and hibernates winter and summer. Except when we get this much rain! Then it grows later into the summer.

today so far has been a good whole 30 day. However, I do not think I was as hungry as I thought for lunch but ate anyway, habit? Anyway, so far so good. Energy is good so far.

strange happening tonight-

so at the end of it all starts with food are some fast and easy ideas on eating whole 30. Literally.. this meat, these veggies and its asian, change some and its thai etc. So I was going over some of these options with Lily.. the ones I thought she might buy into.. what does she want??? Salad greens with hamburger on top with a little ketchup. Ummmm... ok. I am so okay with this.. she even asked for more meat and more lettuce. Yeah, ok..baby steps..
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 06-19-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Karin

Was feeling the need to munch.. Lily wanted popcorn and well, I know my limits.. so I had sunflower seeds. This witching hour sucks. I need to have some items ready to go. I want to make an antipasta salad. I think a small bowl of that during the witching hour would work. The tart and salt usually nips in the bud.
    Karin

Can you do cukes? They have virtually no calories. If you get a nice crunchy one and chop it add salt and vinegar. Very satisfying, crunchy, and salty, and refreshing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

good idea.
    Karin

I seem to remember that maybe you can't do tomatoes or onions? I have been making a huge "salad" with chopped cukes, tomatoes, and onions. Just adding salt and vinegar. Literally like 20 calories a cup. I use it for my side dish and essentially fill half of my plate with it.

I recently made a smoothie and used a cup of my ACV mixture, some coconut milk, blueberries, strawberries, spinach, and cocoa powder. This might not be reasonable for you though because I had to add stevia, but you may be able to add banana instead and get it pretty sweet?

yeah, for the most part tomatoes are out. My mom used to make marinated veggies when I was a kid. I remember helping myself out of the tupperware container and thinking it was heaven. I need to do that again. I have the beets marinating now.. they should be done in about 24 hours or so.
    Karin

Today I spent 4 hours getting the farm truck up and going so we can use it for tasks and projects this summer. I was hot and sweaty, I am exhausted and fell face first into some cookie dough. Good heavens, I am really sucking out on this whole 30.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    My w30 goes ...a few good days...binge...a few more good days...

The only thing allowing for weight loss is the 4:3 ADF.

You got a truck going all by yourself? You are awesome!