Page 358 of 636 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 6352

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 358

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    sooo, essentially homemade?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    essentially.. however, my jar in the fridge is ALMOST gone.. so I thought to finish it up before I attempt making my own. Anyway, yes mayo is fine. I went shopping today at the grocers.. wow.. been a while since I had to stock up like that. Normally, I have staples and replenish the fresh veggies and occasionally meat.. I was out of so much. Then of course their is Lily food. I am trying to wein her off of soda at this point. I think I have mom on board for this. I will work on cutting down on other items later. However, hooray for summer.. the fruit looks good. I stocked up on that for her as well.

Wow.. that walk yesterday has me feeling it today. My hips are still wonky. When I stand I have some trouble with the initial steps but then am fine. I keep thinking maybe I need to walk it all out but then I sit and get up and the first couple of steps are unstable. This is my fault for being sedentary I believe.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

on a side note: I saw on pintrest that when you buy a head of leaf lettuce that you can regrow it after you have torn off the leaf tops.. gonna see, will keep you posted. Hey!! Watching lettuce grow beats watching the grass grow right?? LOL
    Karin

yep, at least the lettuce is useful!

I often have that situation with my hips when I sit for a while and stand up, I am usually stiff. This should tell me to sit less, but I usually just get up less instead

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    yep, at least the lettuce is useful!

I often have that situation with my hips when I sit for a while and stand up, I am usually stiff. This should tell me to sit less, but I usually just get up less instead:rolleyes:
    THIS!! Me too! LOL
    Karin

I did not walk yesterday (officially- I did walk the walmart grocery shopping though). Getting ready to walk with mom this morning. Eve though my joints are in pain, I think movement will ease them. I hope it does at least.

While I ate whole 30 yesterday, my portions were not the whole 30 plate. I am giving this a shot today. I am giving up artificial sweeteners because I really do feel it impact me. I think it dulls my sense of sweet there by me indulging in candy and whatnot to get the sweet. While fruit is ok for whole 30, I need to remember to ADD fruit not necessarily just eat it in reckless abandon. For example, adding a some fruit to salad as opposed to eating a couple pieces of fruit. I still plan to fast 2 days per week. I am just cleaning up my food.

Still reading it starts with food.. it is a good book and worth the money I spent for it in kindle (especially since I can put it on all my kindle devices-mom's included). Its not really a "diet" book like so many of them.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I like Dallas and Melissa a lot. The W30 was one of the first things I did. When I eat that way, I feel amazing. I've gotten a little loose lately...need to clean things up a bit. Also, they both admit that they go off-road at times, but the W30 is the "ideal". I think it's a good elimination diet, even if things like dairy come back in. At least you have a clean month to determine whether or not it does impact you.

Personally, I do think dairy has an impact on me.. I really really hate to admit it. I suspect it holds me back from losing though. Making ghee today.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Of all of the things I've had to or chosen to give up, dairy is the hardest. I miss a good quality cheese. There's no two ways about it. Unfortunately, cheese does NOT like me. The side effects are generally painful enough for me to skip it. Doesn't mean I won't keep trying to see if I've "gotten over" my intolerance, though

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our family pretty much lives on cheese, I would be devastated if I had to give it up.

For me though, it appears a straight 5:2 (well ok a 3:2:2 really) works for now, and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat as long as I stay with that general pattern. Now I have not added in things like pasta or rice or potatoes, but I don't really care that much for those so I don't feel the need. This means that on average, I seem to be keeping to a fairly low carb (as compared to SAD) but balanced diet, with fat being what goes lower on my down days.