Page 357 of 651 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 6510

Thread: The Journey begins with me

Shop Now
    today is an UD.. today I will track again. Feeling better, but the tummy is kinda wonky this morning.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Today was going to be a DD but I changed my mind for a couple reasons:
    1. Today was the first day my mom has brought the dogs to town so we can let them walk us. You would be amazed at the walking a chihuahua can give you. The downside of this today is that my hips hurt afterward. At one point today I got up and felt weak in that hip. This tells me I am much more than a lazy ass that needs to move. I knew it but now my body is screaming.
    2. I continued my workout by cleaning Lily's room and lets just say, 1 black trash bag of trash and 2 of stuffed animals and misc toys she never plays with anymore + 1 chair that JUST DOES NOT FIT and her room is manageable. This work out involved, bending, scooting, lifting, reaching etc. etc. Then I vacuumed and remade her bed with fresh linnens. So now I am thinking I have worked out maybe too much for a DD (although I want to get to the point of workouts on DD being ok- they scare me)
    3. Lily said she was starving and wanted a burrito at the diner. I had a burger. I probably should have removed the texas toast bun but it tasted so good. The upside, is I walked to the diner while Lily rode her bike, so yup.. more exercise. Hope I am not sore tomorrow.

So, breakfast was: farm fresh scrambled eggs with onions and yellow peppers and 2 small sausage patties
    lunch/dinner: burger with texas toast bun and an onion ring + a few corn chips

not a horrible food day but also not a day worthy of praise.

Mom is bringing the dogs to walk us tomorrow too.. it was fun and they loved it even though they love running in their 2 acres.

edit: perhaps tomorrow will be a better DD
    Karin

whenever you fit it in is just fine, 2 days a week should be easy enough to manage, even with walking the dogs a couple of days.

Thats what I figure Chris. Its just that I was not confident I could do this on the first day. Being sore, I would have caved. I am doing a DD tomorrow.. hoping to get in for an adjustment though as well.
    Karin

I notice that occasionally my dd's will creep up toward the 700 (and yesterday 770) mark. At this point in my life I just cannot allow myself to live by the diet anymore. It has to work with my life. I just am not going to get worked up about it anymore.

Love the mindset of not getting worked up anymore over going over your calorie goal. I am thinking a down day is anything half or less of the norm.

While I have been focusing on what I am eating calorie wise to the point I went on a crazy tangent.. I am cleaning things up with a whole 30 and keeping 2 fast days in. My progress may be slow, but right now I just have an i dont care attitude. Part of this is the ride Lil has been taking me on lately. My goal is to eat good foods. I have dairy done in the house for me and I need to dump all sugars (real and artificial) as well as all grains that seem to creep in
    Karin

Well, currently the only thing I am limiting is calories, within reason. I still prefer not to eat things like pasta, potatoes, rice, etc. and I still cook 99% of our food from scratch, but desserts do creep in on an occasional up day. I will start limiting things when it stops working. For now, I know that I get health benefits just from the limited calories and the spacing (ie. from going hours without food every day), I essentially do a 20/4 IF on work days, closer to a 16/8 on weekends, but mostly because I just don't care for breakfast and I rarely eat after dinner.

my hips and knees have been hurting which is why I think I need to clean up my food. I am also going to start some aminos and see how those act as well.

I can not get in for an adjustment until Monday.. until then I am using my essential oils (mostly spruce) and some advil to alleviate pain. I need to get the zapper out I think.

On a side note: I was not hungry until noon today. I had a very unimaginative salad but tasty.. huge plate of leaf lettuce, burger, 1/2 avocado mayo and mustard.. I call it a whole 30 burger..LOL
    Karin

you can have mayo on a Whole30? I would not have guessed that. (I have never read through the literature on it, I have no intention, so far, of giving up sweeteners.)

One of my fav meals is a huge leafy salad with a nice burger (or salmon or shrimp or chicken thigh or...ooo getting hungry) and a bit of avocado on top, yum!

Shop Now
    It does. Mayo works, add long as it doesn't have sugar or seed oils.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth