LOL!!

Ok task master..

mifflin 2587
    harris 2912
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    So lets go with mifflin, just to be on the safe side, and you will know that you have a tad bit of freedom, especially when you are doing the kind of stuff you have been doing in the yard.

So your up days (for now) can be about 2,600 calories. Your 2 down days should be under 650 calories (this is essentially one meal or one slightly smaller meal and a small snack). Now if you do just that (5 up and 2 down) with those calories (2,600 and 650). You should lose about a pound a week.

My suggestion is that you try just that for at least 3 weeks and see what happens. No fancy lower or extra down days, no cutting down on up days. Just go with that 5:2 and see what happens. It would be a good idea to write down what you eat, even if you don't do a straight MFP tracking, so that if you don't lose we can figure out where to go from there. OK?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ok.. I will give it a shot. So what I need to do is have an UD today and then a DD tomorrow. I think to start if I can try to be consistant with the days my DD's are it might help. What do you think?
    Karin

I think you have to experiment with when to have the dd's. For me, I like having 4 possible days to choose from, and decide at the beginning of each week if there is a conflict so that I know I won't get derailed. However, you could decided that it will always be Monday and Thursday (lets say) and just plan events accordingly. Just don't try to do 2 dd's in a row!

And yes you need a good ud (at least in the first few weeks) to help with a successful dd.

Gotcha!! Will do.

On a side note..I am irritated that i can not download the mda app on my kindle. Its an android
    Karin

I think i got it. I was looking for a specific app.. this app works with a ton of other web pages even though indont use them

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

cool! yeah.

ok.. well holy hairy apes!! I entered todays food.. I ate what I liked (its all primally good) but fell short on calories and over on about everything else. I mean, geezz.. I even added food (which feels good by the way). I was feeling good until I saw the macros and about choked. The good side: It was all good food (no sugar, no grains etc. etc.) The bad side: Macros from hell. The train wreck is on MFP.
    Karin

Please ignore the macros for now. For 3 weeks your focus is the calories and getting the 5:2 in line. We can worry about the macros later. Worrying about the macros has gotten us nowhere, some people it has worked for, obviously not you and I. The only other thing I think you need to worry about besides the calories is to do as much whole foods and as little sugar and whatever grains/glutens/dairy you know give you problems. One thing at a time (well, I know that is 2, but the second one should go without saying really)

Well, wait, just checked your MFP, you went to 3,100 calories, you were supposed to come close to 2,600 with 2,900 at the highest, so you are over on the calories. No harm, no foul, and you absolutely do NOT want to try to compensate, just learn and correct for the next up day so that tomorrow you are closer to 2,600. I am assuming today is your down day?
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.