Page 352 of 614 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6134

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 352

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Karin, I'm not sure how old you are but given your avatar and the fact that you've entered surgically instigated menopause I believe you may need HRT. And the patch may not be sufficient.

IF you are significantly hormonally deficient the patch may not allow enough hormones to be infused into the body over the patch's life span. What I mean by this is, the more hormones you need, the patch may be used up too quickly, leaving you hormonally challenged by your patch change date.

Finally, FWIW, when I was hormonally challenged, weight loss was exercise in futility. Not to mention the fatigue driven NEED to eat in order to try to improve stamina.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    marcadav, so good to see you, your advice is always so spot on, hope all is well with you.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    oh.. gracious.. this has been a weekend.

First: Chris- thanks for the clarity for UD/DD.. I think that makes the most sense.

Marcadav- I am 43. I thought the patch was HRT?? It is estrogen only since I had all the parts taken last August. From what the Doctor said, since I do not have a uterus, there was no need for progesterone. What hormone do you think I am missing that would help? Or, is the estrogen from the patch not enough?? The later I have wondered about.

Ok.. this weekend.. lets call it, work work work.. forget to eat and then eat whatever, fall asleep, work work work etc.

I got the riding mower back from the shop and had to work on my moms yard. Ok.. knee high is bad enough, this was boob high and I am 5'6". Its a good thing its in the country and no one really cares. Anyway, I cut it high which took several hours (its about 3 acres).. slow work, forward, reverse repeat.. UGH!! Sunburn happens.. then got up mom got more gas, mowed again only low this time (it should be good for 2 weeks maybe), then cut chicken wire to dg proof the backyard for the little rascals (insert here, bailing wire, wire cutters and chicken wire along with many scrapes and cuts- too many to count) I took a bath in some vinegar water because its good as a cleaning agent.. burn burn burn..BUT it all feels better. Dinner tonight at sonic.. I have been working today from 11am-7pm without a break and just did not care.

Tomorrow I go back over to help my mom steam clean the carpets.. am I a good daughter or what??

Marathon week for Lily as well..
    Monday- pm track practice
    Tues: tennis camp, volleyball, basketball camp
    Wed: pm track, tennis camp, basketball camp
    Thurs: tennis camp, volleyball, basketball camp
    Fri: tennis camp, basketball camp
    Sat: track meet

UGH!! She better sleep WELL EVERY NIGHT!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I expect you will sleep well! Food wise, just worry about fueling a hard working body
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Karin, the patch is one method of HRT. And, estrogen,without progesterone, after hysterectomy is fine. Progesterone is needed to negate uterine lining build up and possible cancer.. No uterus means no possible build up, no progesterone needed.

My point is-- sometimes when the patch is used the body is so in need of hormones that it "sucks" the hormone out of the patch faster than expected.So, if you are to wear the patch for 4 weeks but your body uses up the hormones in the patch in 2 weeks then your body is running on empty for 2 weeks before you change the patch.

I take oral hormones daily. Taking it that way means my body gets a steady hormone infusion each day. If symptoms persist I can increase the daily dose.

The patch can work for some. However if you are fighting symptoms it may indicate a need for a stronger patch or different hormonal delivery system.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Karin, Glad you are okay. Hey, we are tentatively planning a July meet up in demuralist's journal. Check it out.

I'll try to send some stuff we've discussed to you this week.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, girl. Take care (sunscreen!), drink tons of water (or iced tea), and get good sleep.

So today is a physically down day.. I am so sore. 2 days on a mower, then working with fencing.. hauling, stooping, crouching wire cutting.. OMG.. Needless to say yesterday and today I have just eaten what I want.. ever felt too tired to cook right?? LOL

Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to hit the ground right. I need a food down day for sure.

oh and about the patch, I have been off of it since November so chances are my body has been starved for it. I just put one on Thursday so I am going to see how a month goes. However, if things are still "off" I will check into another alternative.
    Karin

Today is a DD.. though like Ruth, my heart is not in it. I am not feeling so sore today though which is good news.

Garden news: I have blossoms and my yellow squash is coming. Its tiny at the moment!! My peas are not doing so well. I have a few pods but I think they get too much sun?? I am not sure, it may have been too rainy and now too hot.. but they kind of pooped out. The peppers are coming along as well as my other viney plants. My lettuce looks good and I am taking some cutting today for a salad later.

Speaking of salad, had a great one last night. I took a little chorizo (raw) and fried it up a bit, added some cooked chicken thigh meat and then some yellow peppers and garden onions. When that was done I put it on lettuce greens with a couple hard boiled eggs. Sounds weird I know but tasted A-MAZ-ING! I was cautious of chorizo because I have had some in the past that was too smokey or just to..something. This stuff was awesome! Anyway, I also (just to try) put @ a tsp of blue cheese dressing on the salad and WOW! I did not think it was possible for it to get better! Long story short, this salad will be repeated.
    Karin

Alrighty then, I am gonna jump on your a$$ as well!

Please go here...IIFYM.com TDEE Calculator...come back and tell me what you get. We will go from there. I am going to get you guys on track, I tell ya.

p.s., ooo, yummy salad.