Page 351 of 637 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6361

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 351

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ok.. last night ended up being @ 1000 calories. Damn it I think I need to go back on the patch. My tropical moments are back. Funny how they tend to hit more in the evening. They are what has been affecting my sleep as well. Hot, cold, hot, cold.. ARG!! Its maddening! My true hope was that with everything gone I would not go through this. I mean, I have not had any issues until this last month. When I mowed the lawn the other day I thought I was going to self combust (no kidding my face was red for 2 hours). Some people with hysterectomies avoid all this.. why not me? gah!

Until I get a handle on the UD/DD I am not weighing myself. I am thinking I need to work towards getting the DD at 500 consistently and the other days moderate etc. and then I will start tracking my weight. Even though 1000 is under the norm, its not where I want to be. I will though state I was feeling great until dinner yesterday with only tea to drink. That is something right? I am also back to recording my food in MFP. I need that accountability even though, I think I am better at estimating how I have done for the day.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The aminos might help even you out. The diet cure also has supplement recommendations for menopause. I could send you an open, but mostly full bottle of "Change O Life". I didn't need it because I am only perimenopausal and it is for full menopause symptoms, Including the flashes

oh that would be great. I have been wondering about those.

I am still awaiting the diet cure book from inner library loan. Hopefully it comes next week.
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I think that every time you go that low in your calories you are giving yourself the confidence to be able to go a little lower for your next dd's. What I think you need to do today is not do a dd, but at least a moderately up day. In other words act like yesterday was the dd. Otherwise it starts to be about daily restriction and that is not what the plan is about. Also, a dd is a tad bit easier after an up day.

Staying off the scale is a great idea, did you take your waist measurement at least?

I will take a waist measurement today. I agree today needs to be a moderately ud as well and am planning on this. I will then make saturday or sunday a dd and try and go lower in calories.
    Karin

Since you are home for the summer, I am guessing it doesn't really matter what day of the week is up or down. What if you do every say 3rd day as a down day (500 to 700 calories)? Then the day after a down day do a moderate day (900 to 1200 calories) cause (at least for me) it is easy to stay pretty low the day after a down day. Then the day after that do an up day, up to at least your TDEE, which is probably in the 2,000 calorie range. Then start the cycle all over again, or to keep it a 7 day week, do another up day and start the cycle again. It will keep your body guessing. And if you go over on your dd, still treat it as if it had been a dd, it will be soon enough.

So let me see it could look like this:

DD 500-700
    MD 900-1200
    UP 1200-2000
    DD 500-700
    etc.

You know I like a schedule..LOL. However, it could be swapped around if the occasion demanded it.
    Karin

Well, except I would say your up days shouldn't go lower than 1500 and could, on occasion, go as high as 2400 (at your current weight) - without force feeding yourself of course. I don't think you should eat if you are full, but UD's give you the opportunity to increase your fat, as it is low volume but higher calorie, and obviously essential. And yes you would not have to be a slave to the schedule. Maybe you could have a "floating up day". So in every 7 days you would have an extra up day to stick in where ever you like, because something comes up almost every week right, you would just have to do some planning. ie. every 7 day week would end up with 2 DD's, 2 MD's, and 3 UD's.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, great advice on counting DDs even if they go a little high.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well, that is from a "been there, done that" perspective! I have done it both ways when I have gone over this is the way that worked best for me.