Page 350 of 630 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 6294

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 350

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me the beauty of the way I am eating right now, is that it gives me the flexibility to be wrong in my interpretation of the body cues. I really like having the small window for eating on my work days, with 2 of those being down days. Of course I am not working at home-that would pose problems for me.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Today was a definite UD. I ate what I wanted and even stuff I should have passed on. Tomorrow will be a DD though.

I have ordered the book the diet cure from inner library loan. I have borrowed The Paleo Fast Diet. The New 5 Day - 2 Day Paleo Diet. Get Healthy Losing More Weight Faster, from the Amazon lending library as well as checked out via the elibrary Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss. So these should be some good reading. I stepped on the scale this morning and NO MOVEMENT which is strange considering I have had a couple DD that were unintentional.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Karin, you are going to become an expert on how many different ways experts say you can lose weight. Are you giving up on 5:2 or just looking for ways to tweak it to make it your own?

The scale and 5:2 (or 4:3, or ADF, or IF, etc.) in my experience is even worse at showing results of the day before than on any other diet plan I have been on. It will often show up after a dd and show down after a crazy ud. That is why you need to be tracking it on a tracker where you can see a graph. I personally like to keep the weights after ud's in one graph and the weights after dd's on another graph. Also, on the 5:2 forum there are many who will go a few weeks with no loss then suddenly start dropping it like a hot potato, with several swooshes in a week.

I am hoping that you took a couple of minutes to record your waist measurement at least, because after all these years you know as well as I do that sometimes the waist gets smaller even if the scale number doesn't.

I am not giving up on 5:2. The paleo 5:2 caught my eye and thought to gather more info and yeah, make it my own. I want to read the diet cure about the use of aminos as well. I have been on the 5:2 forum and need to keep reading there as well. I am wondering if I need 2 set DD's each week or if it can be sliding depending on the occasion. I think I need to be recording food daily again. Even when I know my calories are low, I need to "see" it because when I am not seeing results I am doubting my mental recording (and we all know mine has been faulty in the past).

I am still waiting for a whoosh.. I am gaining and losing the same 5 pounds as I know many of you can relate to.
    Karin

I diligently recorded everything, everyday, for about the first 3 weeks or so, now I only diligently record the dd's. Up's and moderate days I do sporadically to keep myself honest. Especially since you are playing with the same 5 pounds, it is probably a good idea for a while.

Also, it doesn't seem to me that you have been doing it long enough to have gone below the 5 pound loss expectation yet. Paula's results aside, if you look on the 5:2 forum you can see from the survey they did, typically you can expect an average just below a pound a week. And given you are just coming off of another diet (and another and another-like me!) you are unlikely to have that magical giant first week loss that can occur when you start a diet. So in 5 weeks if you are still losing and gaining these same five then we know something is wrong.

Gaining and losing is the way it goes, but eventually the trend will turn downward, patience grasshopper.

I like having flexibility with my dd's, I truly think that is why I can do this. Every week is different for me and this program does not get upset with a change in life's plans.

Well I read the paleo 5:2 and no magical wisdom there.. read the other one too.. again, nothing to write home about. Awaiting the diet cure just because I want to know more about aminos.

Ahhh yes, patience.. *le sigh*

One thing about the paleo 5:2 is that they have 2-3 UD then a DD but the only secret they had was to plan, not so secret. Anyway, I am going to be journaling food. I almost do not want to weigh at all but I know the data will help.
    Karin

I really need to do my down days while I am at work or otherwise occupied outside the home. So the 2 to 3 day span would not work for me and the beauty of it seems to be that it doesnt matter!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

my DD today was 674 calories. A little higher than I would like but I do not think I should worry because I am a big girl. Maybe I am wrong.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I ended up eating almost 1000 cals today on my DD. We'll see what happens tomorrow at official weigh in.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nope, 1000 and 674 are both south of typical, so you are good. Do that 2 to 3 times a week and keep your other days close to reasonable and slowly but surely the fat will leave the body. I just managed to come in at 483 today. Yesterday was supposed to be low and today moderate but i was high yesterday so I switched them. Not sure what I will end up doing tomorrow, just gonna play it by ear
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-30-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.