Page 349 of 614 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 6138

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 349

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sounds like you accomplished that. Even if it wasnt a dd it was certainly low enough to give you confidence to do it again!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    well it must have been a pretty good down day because I woke up a "little" hungry this morning. My goal is to listen to body cues again today. So I had an egg and a couple small sausages as well as another glass of iced coffee. Feeling good. After I eat, I want to wait 20 minutes before deciding if I need a little something more. Drinking the tea and iced coffee should help with that.

Speaking of iced coffee. Lily's school fundraiser had a "product" for coffeeam.com. For $10 or $15 you could buy $30 worth of gift cards to this website. I checked out the website and its cool on so many levels. First off they have any and all kinds of coffee and tea (organic, flavored, you name it), second, after you place the order they roast the beans for your order RIGHT THEN, so can you say FRESH?? It is amazing coffee!! I can not wait to try the tea. I am waiting until all my tea reserve is gone (it was quite huge-thanks mom) until I order some. You can get loose or bagged and they will ship the coffee beans any way you want them. So far, pretty impressed. So I have been alternating between Creme Brle and coffee Parisian for my iced coffee. I can not tell which I like better.

Goal this week: Clean out the LAST storage unit!!!! The storage unit has water damage thanks to the owner so most of the items will be trash or recycled (paper, books etc.). A little will go to DAV and there should not be much of anything I need to bring home. However, a lot of my good tupperware is in there. That I will bring home. I used to be a distributor and have some good pieces I just have not had a place for and donated a bunch years ago.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Learning to listen to body cues, for me, is one of the reasons I particularly like this WOE. For some reason it helps me to do that. Probably because I don't feel deprived and therefore don't have the need to eat something for the sake of eating.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Learning to listen to body cues, for me, is one of the reasons I particularly like this WOE. For some reason it helps me to do that. Probably because I don't feel deprived and therefore don't have the need to eat something for the sake of eating.
    story of my life.. this I want to change
    Karin

Exactly how i got here. Eating from non hunger cues. Really love to change that.
    Chris
    Unknown

nso after breakfast (2 small sausage and an egg) I was good until about 5ish. I grilled pork steak, asparagus, made antipasta salad. No counting but I KNOW I came in under calories etc. I feel good. Although, I am feeling like I could much something but I am not hungry. I am in my witching hour I think. My head says snack but my body says we are good.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I skipped lunch yesterday too. It felt fine. I am seriously moving to the 1-2 meals per day plan. It seems that when I eat less, I crave less.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    2 meals usually works for me, as well. Unless I'm stressed...then it seems to be an all-day food fest!

I agree with the 1-2 meal/day idea. Last night I did indulge in some popcorn but I felt fine and call it and indulgence rather than a binge. Binge seems to carry guilt. Anyway, I had the calories to spare yada yada..

Today, another day to really listen to my body. I think 9 times out of 10 I just feel uncertainty in this new process. Maybe, I am listening too hard! LOL!

Well, the storage unit did not get cleaned yesterday. The lock was rusted shut. Going today since it had to be cut off. Yesterday was nice. A friend came for dinner and he drive some t posts in the ground for my garden trellis. I swear, I could have pounded on them all day and barely got the tip in. LOL I grilled out and he got to taste my "ok" cooking. LOL

On a side note, the weather is making me nuts. We have been expecting thunderstorms for DAYS, only to get nothing but humidity. UGH!
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    We're slowing working through my mom's storage unit. It's a bit stressful bringing additional "stuff" into my house since I worked so hard to clean things out. But, it makes her happy to have her stuff integrated...and soon (hopefully) we can stop paying rent on that unit!

I find it hard to listen to my body. I spent so many years ignoring it, I don't often interpret things correctly.