Page 347 of 636 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 6360

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 347

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am pleased to state was a total DD and it seemed almost too easy. To be honest, I did not do much today.. it was more of a decompression. I did and flipped a load of laundry but mostly, I dozed, caught up on Eureka, drank tea and iced coffee with a fan blowing on me. It was quite relaxing. Lily even let me alone a bit. I felt energized enough to grill some out standing burgers and make a lovely salad. I did not track but I know I came in between 500-600 calories, well at most 700. I consider it a success. I was skeptical about how much drinking tea would alleviate hunger and was pleasantly surprised.

Ruth- when you mention amino acids... what do you mean? To be honest, I have not been taking any vitamins.. I have been skeptical about absorption of vitamins and have been researching. I mean really, if your body is not absorbing most of them, isn't it a waste? I would like to find a liquid vitamin that does not taste foul and is not outrageously expensive.. it shouldn't be too hard, right?? LOL!!

Paula- those 4 weeks are going to fly.. you watch

Chris- oh yes.. lots of weeds here as well. I am just hoping for even a semi successful crop..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Recently saw an article to make sure your supplements are certified to have in them what they say they do. A USP cert. I think. I will check tomorrow and let you know.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin, The amino acid supplementation idea comes from Julia Ross' book "The Diet Cure". I suggest that you put it on your summer read list.

I have been taking all of the aminos that she suggests for a month. ( I was severely out of balance.)
    I have more energy, better mood, fewer cravings, better sleep.

I take 1500mg of l-glutamine in 3 doses for sugar cravings.
    1000mg l-tyrosine in 2 doses for energy
    1500 l-phenylalinine in 3 doses for mood alertness and appetite

100mg of 5htp at night for mood and relaxation
    and a product called Theanine Serene that contains 500 mg GABA and 200mg l-theanine for calmness

I actually used the last product to cut down my terrible stage fright issues for Battle of the Bands.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if it is all absorbed...but I do know I have some type of imbalance. One thing I like about her book is that she says you should be able to taper off of these somewhere between 3-12 months.

I was able to read the book on kindle from my library.

Here's a link to a chart. Based on the quizzes in the book, I don't think I need much. If I were to clean up my diet again (and watch sleep, etc.), I think that be able to stop taking these in 3-6 months time.
    http://www.sellwoodnaturalhealth.com...8203;CHART.doc

I am going to check with the library and see about checking he book out on my kindle.. sounds like perfect pool reading.

Ok.. you know how this last week (it has happened before as well) I had the EXTREME sleepiness and the fatigue? I have been doing research and I think they were silent migraines. I first started having these when I was 11 or 12 but with different symptoms. However, the curent symptoms tend to fall into line with silent migraines. It actually explains a lot. Now, I am SURE I could use some aminos.. and it could be the imbalance that causes this as well. Onward to continued research but I feel hopeful I am close to a solution. It really is scary to experience and hard to care for my kid when I feel like this.
    Karin

oh and hoorah!! My house is ALMOST where I like it.. It feels GOOD!!

That gal was right, a clean sink is a happy sink..LOL
    Karin

Oh, I love a clean house...just never want to have to actually clean it. Where are the cleaning faeries when you need them????

I don't know where they are! I say they are falling down on the job. They are probably drunk. LOL!!
    Karin

I have put off eating for today until lunch time.. it feels good. Could I have eaten?? Oh sure! Was I hungry? Naaa.. am I really hungry now?? no, just a little. So my plan is to eat a little then wait 20 minutes and see, still drinking my tea
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been hungry all day, on the other hand