Page 346 of 621 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 6205

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 346

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is funny how the pendulum swings. My fast days were extremely easy in the first couple of weeks and the non-fast were hard (either because I didn't eat enough or because I pigged out because I could), then the fast days got hard and the non-fast easy. Now that I am about 5 weeks in, both are pretty easy, and certainly much easier than anything else I have ever done.

Paula, I would NOT mess with the non-fast days given your Coumaden issues. Like I said you could always start with the BPC in the morning and that out to boost calories and mood and prime the pump so to speak for nutrition through out the day.

I will say that JUDDD was very hard for me because of the rigidity of the fast days being every other day, and 4:3 was hard because of the frequency of the fast days. It may be that I will lose slower on 5:2, but it is exponentially easier than either of the other methods and allows me to feel normal with regards to eating without worrying about putting on weight. Well, and technically I am doing 3:2:2 (3 non-fast/normal: 2 moderate calorie/eating window :2 "fast")

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    oh good lordy.. weight everyday.. don weigh everyday.. track everyday.. dont track everyday... gah!! LOL! So today is another UD.. I don;t even care.. I am trying to just get to the end of school. LOL

PS. I will have ya'll know, I have opted for tea for 3 days in a row!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

focus focus....now breathe....don't do anything but worry about getting your 2 fast days a week in line. That is all you have to worry about right now. 2 fast days and get to the end of school. 2 fast days, get to the end of school, and drink tea instead of that diet stuff in a can or bottle! Just that, and if nothing else, the 2 fast days! scale/no scale...track/no track...furgeddaboudid!!!!! 2 fast days between 500 and 700 calories, you can do that!

ok.. I can do this. Tomorrow... I can do this tomorrow and will plan it so.
    Karin

Tomorrow, 3 of the 4 of us will be on a down day. You can plan and make yours as successful as ours!

Think about it now while you are in the midst of an up day...when do you like to eat the bulk of your calories? When could you skip eating and not really feel deprived? For me that was an easy answer, anything I eat within 4 hours of waking up is forced, and my witching hour (when I tend to scavenge in the pantry) is between 4:30 and 6:30. So, duh, that is when I use my calories on my fast day.

Now, I like quantity when I eat. I want a full plate. So I eat a bit less fat and a bit less protein than on my up days (most fast days are 30%/30%/30%), and a flat ton of veggies and konjac noodles.

Last night I had 2 cups of spring greens on a large dinner plate, then on top of that I put an 8 oz pkg of konjac noodles, then on top of that a cup of shrimp I had cooked in Trader Joes coconut milk and a really good curry powder, and poured some pan juices over the whole thing. Salt and pepper and that is a huge heaping pile of food! Cup of Red Velvet tea with a few drops of stevia at the end of the night, and life is great!

For this to work, you need to figure what time of day you like your calories, if you are a quantity (lots of veggies) vs. quality (ie fat/protein), and what you are going to eat on up days so you don't feel deprived.
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-22-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling

^^ ok!! Some things to think on and good ideas.

Today is the last day of school!!! Kids are out at 11:20am!!

TODAY is a dd. I have felt pretty good this morning but now my brain is thinking for my stomach which is never a good sign. I am ignoring it. I made some tea last night and brought 2, 32oz Nalgene bottles of it to school with me. There is a group of teachers, my mother included, that want me to come have lunch with them at Pizza Johns (an excellant pizza joint around here). AGH!! Its alway something. HOWEVER, I am going to see how I feel. I may just want a sarah salad (lettuce, cherry peppers, ham, olives, idk what all else but its good) and a slice of pizza. Or, I am hoping I am not hungry and the salad will do me fine.

Had one of my favorite weather phenomena this morning, sunshine with some rain drops. I do not know why, but I think its cool. We are in for more rain over the weekend starting today. Heck yeah.. its good for the garden!! The garden is coming along nicely. My lettuce is still small but its coming. The peas are getting blossoms I can not believe summer break is FINALLY here!!
    Karin

I would, if it was me, switch the dd to tomorrow, and go enjoy the lunch. That it why I love the 5:2 so much, it is flexible. I have spent too much of my life, working my life around a diet, it is about time the diet worked around my life!

The garden sounds lovely. the rain here is currently just encouraging the weeds

BARELY made it home from work.. I was so exhausted, laid down woke 3 1/2 hours later. The thing is, I slept pretty good last night and the night before etc. This daytime exhaustion is weird..even my boss told me today I looked exhausted, not tired. To be honest, I have been struggling to keep my eyes open during the workday for the past week or so. Summer is here so maybe I can get my sleep regulated. Pizza at lunch today was crustless, so yeah me and I had a salad. Dinner bombed out and I can tell my diet has been crappy because my joints ache.

summer is here.. summer is here...summer is here..
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray! Congratulations on successfully completing another year.

4 more weeks for me. 2 in class, 2 exam weeks.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (When are you coming to visit me??) I'm jealous

I would think, given all the personal issues (Lily, etc.) that you are naturally exhausted. Take some time to recover. I was able to read the Diet Cure and I'm wondering if I could use some amino acid supplementation. I tend not to be one to take supplements, but at least right now, not sure I'm getting enough nutrition. I'll let you know if it makes a difference in terms of energy, etc. (of course, I have to get to the store first and buy some before I can start!).