Page 342 of 614 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6135

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 342

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    some dd's are harder than others, but for the most part, are much easier than I thought as well. It was only a few months ago that I thought IF was a crazy proposition that I could never accomplish. Oh the things we let our brain limit us on!

p.s. apparently the scientific name for a very low calorie day is RCI (reduced caloric intake).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I love this community service idea.

I really like the Down Days too. I am actually doing one today because I don't want to feel too full for the show. I will eat Dinner around 4 and then get ready.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    nice planning Paula!!

I have a mixed opinion about CS day. I have so much to still try and accomplish by next week. Losing teaching time takes a toll. However, I think I pulled a fun one this year. Last year we went to a retirement home and cleaned up around the building and cleaned out/detailed the mini bus they have. The year before we went to a private school/commune where we did gardening, made bread, delivered vegetables to the pastoral staff and other odd jobs.

I have pre-entered today and am looking good on my UD.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It sounds like one of those great idea in theory, can be a logistical nightmare in reality kind of events. I am sure in the end it is worth it.

back from CS day and I think I have had my exercise for the week. We washed 8 vehicles including the SWAT vehicle which is HUGE in 2.5 hours. I took the kids to DQ and bought them ice cream.. I had a diet soda..then we walked back @ 11 blocks not the 4 I thought... drank some unsweetened ice tea and ate 2 cookies (no guilt..wish there had been some fruit available though). I am sweaty but aside from feeling a little tired I feel ok. Funny, one of the officers commented that the teacher (me) looked like I was working harder than the kids. Umm yeah.. I was a hot sweaty mess. LOL
    Karin

Good for you on all counts!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

weight is up but not a whole lot. UD/DD I just need to get used to seeing a bouncy scale and realize it will bounce down too. Pretty sure I have a lot of inflammation for many reasons.

I am not as sore as I thought I would be. Tired to be sure though. Today is a moderate day..yesterday was pretty high I think.
    Karin

you absolutely have to be able to take the bounces if you are going to weigh daily. I have an up day chart in MFP (I added it to the reports I keep). So my dd's are recorded under weight, and weights after any other day are recorded under ud's (the added category), that way I can see them both trending. But unlike Sabine, I consider the low weight my true weight. The scales cannot be tricked to show a weight that is lower than what you actually weigh (unless you are holding on to something), but many things can temporarily boost them upward (water, inflammation, etc). So start looking for the trends, I predict it will take at least a month, I am right at doing 5:2 for a month. I started playing with the IF early April, but didn't settle on 5:2 till a few weeks in.

Sat. Sun. and Mon. are my "learning" days in which I eat to learn my hunger cues, what to eat to satisfy them, and when to stop. Oh also, treats if I really want them

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Karin, I know you like your diet soda but what i am reading about what artificial sweeteners can do, including brain tumors, it is scaring the crap out of me. Any chance you can work to weaning yourself off of them? I'd hate to see you suffer some of these side effects.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Good Morning.. this has been a pretty lazy weekend. I have got some extra sleep and I can sure feel the muscles I used on Friday. Still a little achey but nothing terrible. I am almost counting down until summer which is well.. 4 more school days and then I can get this house in shape for the summer. This weekend besides napping and watching Gold Rush (I am such a rock geek), I have been washing and putting away winter clothes. With the extreme humidity yesterday, the increased temps and tornadoes I would say winter has finally gone away. The garden is still growing and I am trying to keep on top of it so there is some good produce this summer. Today I HAVE to finish grading the students reports. Its not difficult, just time consuming and they are anxious about their grades. Normally, whatever they do I can get graded PDQ and give them immediate feedback (which is recommended) but these projects were quite involved.

Today weight is still bouncing.. I am wanting to get back to under 280 and back into consistant fat loss.. time time time..I got lots of it LOL

HB- thank you for your post. You are right, diet soda is SO bad for you. I have those thoughts you mentioned in the back of my head when I drink it. I swear its like crack in that I was OFF of it, but it just takes one and you are hooked again. The good news is its ice tea season and I am experimenting with some cold brew ice tea and flavors. I would like to get back to where I was years ago when I did not like sweetened tea. Maybe its because I am getting old I favor sweeter things?? LOL Anyway, I have pinned some interesting tea links.

Chris- I am still trying to perfect my 5:2. I have GOT to start journaling consistently like I was.
    Karin