Page 341 of 624 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 6239

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 341

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You came in within your allotment.

So some how she is getting more out of lying than not. Even when she gets caught. So how to make it more costly. That is going to be tricky. Any hints in the love and logic literature?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    thats the trick..no matter the consequence she is fine with it. I really think she likes upsetting me and lying is the button (she rings it a lot). What I really want to do is empty her room. Leave only necessities in her room. I want her to have the message that the extra's are a privilege and not entitled. However it seems no matter what I do, getting her attention to how important these choices she is making is, is just not sinking through.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

dd today. I am feeling grumblings in the tummy for food this morning, I am ignoring them. I did bring some cucumbers to have around lunchtime today. Other than that, I am just drinking calorie free beverages.

I am starting off with diet coke, I need the caffeine. Well I have 2 classes of the 3 yesterday graded for projects. I was surprised at those that chose not to do the project (like it was an option). Unfortunately for them, this is a test grade (they were told) and basically are choosing an F. Its also not like they have not had plenty of time. 2 weeks AND some class time. UGH! I think some students are just DONE, which unfortunately they are hurting themselves.

Weight this morning looked like I was down a bit (the scale was really too far away from my eyes to get a good look-I should have opted for a digital scale) even after throwing caution to the wind last night. Yesterday ended up being a rather UP day, one I might see on the weekend but I am not going to feel guilty about it. Moving on..

1 week of school left!!!
    Karin

Technically if you do all 5 of your up days like yesterday and do your 2 down days like your last one you are on target. So nothing to feel guilty for. You will lose, slowly but surely. Guilt is a useless emotion in this instance.

My son did the whole "not turn in homework" his junior year. Luckily he aced his tests and managed to keep decent grades. He just couldn't be bothered if he thought it was busy work. Not sayin it was just he thought.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

UGH.. so pissed at my boss. The cukes came out early (11:15a), of course I was a little hungry. I salted them A LOT.

Observations:
    I eat when angry more so than sad or upset. Rage incites hunger.
    Karin

Since I got into the 5:2 I don't recall eating for any reason other than physical hunger. I could be wrong as I have a terrible memory for those types of things. Luckily I don't remember being angry very often either. I may have been, but I don't remember it. My emotions are like a squirrel on a roller coaster. I get highs and lows but I am easily distracted and it can change on a dime.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Me too Karin! and supressed rage is the worst. I walk around not saying a lot of crap in my head and then eating over it.

see, for me, I get distracted, forget what I was angry about, then right as I am about to fall asleep it comes to me! That is why I have to listen to the meditations, otherwise I would grind my teeth down to nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Me too Karin! and supressed rage is the worst. I walk around not saying a lot of crap in my head and then eating over it.
    ohmygosh.. this this this!!! I often LOOK like it rolls off my back, it so does not, even when I "will" it to.

edit to say: I am proud of myself limiting my serving size of sunflower seeds to 1/4 c measured. I could eat the whole dang jar and not be sorry.
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-16-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today at school is community service day. This is when we take 500 6th graders, break them into groups with an adult and help the community. This could mean: Painting, staining, weeding, trash picking, making quilts etc. and in my case washing police cars. This morning I stopped for some air fresheners to put with each car (not that I know what the inside of them smell like, but I assume they could smell fresher). Dairy queen is close and if the kids work hard (I know they will), thought to stop and get them an ice cream as we walk back to the school. My team goes in the afternoon so this morning, its MORE presentations!

Thankfully today is an ud. Today would have sucked to be a down day..

Scale: I am seeing a downward trend. I am back to about 283. I have to say, thos dd's are not as hard as I thought. I think I must have psyched myself out.
    Karin