Page 337 of 617 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 6170

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 337

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    great article.

doing a happy dance for nearing the end of this school year!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    so I have been thinking and watching my daughter in her choice of food. I think she will be 90-95% vegetarian. This is not good because its the junk vegetarian as in grains grains grains and sugar sugar sugar, very little veggies. However, she turned into a little dinosaur last night.. lets just call her t-rex and ate and ate and ate the steak I grilled. Then this morning, she wanted the leftovers for breakfast as well. While I only got a few pieces, the girl was devouring it. Umm yeah.. ok.. no complaints here!

So I grabbed some breakfast this morning (I think I just need to learn to not have it because I do not have time to fix it myself in the mornings before school), that chobani yogurt (uh I think its fat free and it has strawberry stuff) is just gross as hell. I had to double check I was not eating chalk.

Today is the last day of my cognitive coaching. I will miss it. I am hoping there is part 2 in the future. So during this inservice I am also fielding emails from confused colleagues or those than need help, as well as panicky parents and students regarding projects, grades and technology. Yep.. a master multi-tasker at work. Well.. no one ever REALLY multi-tasks well.
    At this point in my life (well, when I left the house) my bathroom is the ONLY room that should look the way it does. That was my accomplishment last night. I wish all rooms in the house were as easy as the bathroom.

I am going to start tracking Saturday. I think I am ready. I also want to look at 2 days during the week when I have a lower day(500-600 c), 3 when I have 1200-1400 calories and then 2 days when I eat well but do not track.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

welcome to the dark side! Breakfast in the morning to me, is highly overrated! Now as dinner, I love it, but food in the morning-eww. That is what makes 500 a day workable for me. I took the time of day that I seemed to want the most calories (4:30pm to 6:30pm) and used that information. That is when I spend my 500 on my "fast" days, and when I start eating on my moderate days. I leave the weekend to just eat. But I still don't care for food before noon.

I think in order for this to become easy for you, that you probably need to figure out when your witching our is and work with it-don't try to fight it. Ignore societal cues as to when you should be eating. If your witching hour is 8pm to midnight then that is when you should spend your calories.

There is no such thing as a fail, only learning experiences, it gets easier.

I am putting a poem in my journal today-I think you should print it and hang it as a reminder to your-crazy housekeeper-self.

Here for ya!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    If I were to eat naturally, it would be a big breakfast, normal/smallish lunch, and small snack (maybe around 3-4 pm). But, I'm a morning person who wakes up everyday between 5 and 6 without an alarm clock, ready to go for the day. Actually, at 3-4 (when I sometimes do the pantry prowl), I'm usually ready for a short nap, but can't usually work it into my schedule. DH is pretty much the opposite. I'm trying to shift my eating clock, but it's a challenge. But, even if I don't eat dinner, I do make it for DH. That's much easier when I have something for him in the crockpot

I'm not sure I can invite either of you over to my house... While I like it clean, and loved how you eat off of my grandma's floor when I was growing up, mine is only so/so.

well, I only ever have one room really clean at a time. And right now it looks like a tornado went through and not gonna get better till tomorrow late afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    If I were to eat naturally, it would be a big breakfast, normal/smallish lunch, and small snack (maybe around 3-4 pm). But, I'm a morning person who wakes up everyday between 5 and 6 without an alarm clock, ready to go for the day. Actually, at 3-4 (when I sometimes do the pantry prowl), I'm usually ready for a short nap, but can't usually work it into my schedule. DH is pretty much the opposite. I'm trying to shift my eating clock, but it's a challenge. But, even if I don't eat dinner, I do make it for DH. That's much easier when I have something for him in the crockpot

I'm not sure I can invite either of you over to my house... While I like it clean, and loved how you eat off of my grandma's floor when I was growing up, mine is only so/so.
    mine is less than so/so so your still a better woman than me. LOL

Drama with Lily last night, she is exhausted and I am letting the beast sleep. Today I need to mow the lawn. I might just head out before she wakes. More laundry to do.. kitchen needs major attention next. Sadly the bathroom is the only house that is PERFECT! Although, that is one of the rooms that is a MUST GET TO FIRST TO CLEAN for me, followed by the kitchen and then trickling through the rest of the house. Do ya'll have an order of what must be done first etc?

So, this weekend, the plan is to eat primal but these are my non-tracking days (see how I worked it?-HA!) Then I will decide which days next week I will do 2 500-800 calories days and then the other 3 will be 1200-1400. How is this for a general plan? I then need to get a bit more specific in how I set up those days during the week and plan for it. Right now, bacon calls.
    Karin

For me, it would be bathroom, then kitchen. The rest of the house - whatever

When I come back, and start getting on plan, weekends will be "up" days. Weekdays will be moderate. Wednesdays will be a low day (I almost always go to Santa Fe for work). Then I just need one other day. 5:2 really does seem so reasonable...

true and at this point.. I really do not care if it comes off a a micron at a time.

edit: Lawn is mowed and I am a sweaty girl. I am still putting off the kitchen but that will be the major accomplishment for me this weekend (besides the mowing). I also have a graduation card to make (I finished the mothers day this morning and 2 retirement cards I am unimpressed with but *shrugs* I can not help if my heart was not in those two)
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 05-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Karin

Karin, that sounds reasonable. On your 2 weekend days I would do as little regulating as possible and use those days to teach yourself to learn your body cues on when, what, and how much to eat. Having 2 down and 3 moderate gives you enough flexibility to be able to do that and in the long run it will be very useful.
    Last edited by demuralist; 05-11-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Happy mother's day, Karin!