Page 329 of 617 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 6162

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 329

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Seriously Karin, you are going to end up in a looney bin if you try to focus on losing while you are trying to deal with that level of stress. You might even end up losing if you do nothing else but manage the stress. Summer is just a small bit of time away. This is not good for your physical health. It is possible that you can't lose if you are stressed even if you do quit eating.

Besides you are not going to have to buy 2 plane seats. that is a year away. Handle the stress then deal with the weight.

p.s. any movement that is not sitting counts toward your NEAT. So go shopping and count the steps.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Karin, I totally and completely understand where you are coming from (my brother-in-law's wedding is next spring, and I too would like to look awesome since there will be gazillions of pictures). But, with all you have going on, perhaps you should focus on maintenance...summer is only about a 1 month away? Or, if you are going to do something, pick ONE thing and try to focus on that (I suggest a food-related thing, because 80-90% of fat loss is the result of what you put in your body) -- whether it's to plan a few meals, hit your protein targets, or limit splurges to 2x per week -- something that is doable given you life, but helps you feel in control.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Well, Lily went and stayed with grandma over the weekend. We ran up to El Dorado and all went to lunch Saturday and then I returned home alone. This was much needed time. I can not say I got A LOT done, but I did get the ball rolling. I know realistically I will not get the house where I want it until summer though. I have started a organization-pintresty thing in the pantry. I am far from done though.

Lessons I am learning:

1. Take my meds on the weekend. The weekends are not as structured as the week and I forget. This is also why my weight is up this morning.
    2. I think I need a liquid vitamin. I have to say, after I ran out of the veema my energy level also dropped. However, I just can NOT justify $75/month. I need a more affordable liquid vitamin that does not taste vile. I am of the opinion that Solid vitamins are not utilized by the body very well.
    3. I am so much happier when the sun is shining! It has been for the past 2 days. Good news.. looks like SPRING HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!! Crossing fingers for no more snow.. that was last week. I just want to get my garden stuff in!!!

4 more Monday's counting today until Summer break..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Karin, I learned the other day that there is a certification that companies can get that certifies that what they say is in their supplements is actually in their supplements. It is stamped on the bottles. It is either a "USF" stamp or a "NSF" stamp.

NSF International

USP Verified Dietary Supplements | U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention

Guessing a D3 might need to be on the list!

I am with you on the sun. Even if it's 20 below, if the sun is shining, I can deal with life a lot better!

Only 4 more Mondays? Oh, you are so close. Going to admit that I'm envious

I would like to be an adjunct professor in art/architecture history. I would get to have a college schedule, but not have to get research papers published. The students keep you young, but you wouldn't have to deal with the parents. DD has her final final on the 7th of May!

^ Yep. When I was working on my PhD, I knew that I did not want to research/publish. I was actually considered a favorite instructor when I did teach (online economics). I enjoyed it...except for grading. The students can still be a whiny pain, but not near as bad as the lower grades...and like you say, (generally) no parents.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    7 or 8 Mondays left for me. This is the first year that I have seriously contemplated leaving teaching. The government interference and teacher hatred in NY is at an all time high. Alas, I have 10 more years.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I hear you Paula.. I have contemplated.. even applied for various positions. I figure if its meant to be to leave education, another position will open up.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I can't complain, I like my job and the people I work with, and most of our clients. I get to work in an amazing building with wonderful people and flexible hours for a reasonable wage. Lucky too, since I really just started back to working again and I am paying for college-I have a long way to go before I can retire!