Page 328 of 621 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 6205

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 328

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ooo, hope the sun stays out for the conference!

As to the food yesterday....if you could make yourself only do that once a week, ie have one day a week where you allow a treat no guilt, maybe that would help compliance the rest of the week?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    a good point Chris. Something I need to work on for sure.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, for me the problem comes in when I do something like that and I start to feel bad about it, then get a WTH attitude and it bleeds over into the next day, and then I start to get a "I am such a failure" attitude. I think if you allow a no-guilt allowed treat once a week (be it a meal at a restaurant or a dessert or both) and then move on, it will be better for the over all attitude and not set things into a downward spiral. Then if you have to do a restaurant more than once a week, you just have to be good the other times that are not that one time.

Hey how goes it?

trying to catch my tail here.. updates, news and what-not tomorrow! hope you all had a good weekend.
    Karin

allrighty then, tomorrow was yesterday. Everything ok?

Good morning.

I swear, my daughter has been leading me on such a not-so-merry chase.. I am exhausted, stressed and depressed. Her therapy was last night and even the therapist was like, whaaaaat? Umm yeah.

First off:
    The weekend at the science conference was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I even ate pretty well, a couple cookies aside. I maintained my weight and came back non the worse for wear. I also came back with some amazing ideas I CAN NOT WAIT to implement in the classroom as well as items to share with my department.

Monday's-Tues weight- the same
    Wed weight- down to 283 and the same for today. So, while I have not been stellar in my eating, I am maintaining. I probably have not had a large enough calorie deficit. Although, reading the article from Science of being slim (etc.), it had the testimony of a man who did not do calories in calories out and lost. The key is exercise.. I know it is. I have always known but ugh! However, sunshine for the past 2 days and thats a bright note. I am feeling the desire to do some walking.

more later as my next inservice has begun.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yay for maintaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that's awesome, especially when you go to a conference where you don't have a lot of control.

Sorry about DD. Wish I could offer something.........but I know nothing to offer before being here for you

Re: exercise. I have lost doing crazy "CW" amounts of exercise; doing PB-style (my favorite, really, because it is efficient and seems natural); and doing nothing. I even did crossfit for months -- I don't find that exercise per se helped with weight loss. What I do like about movement, however, is the reshaping of the body. But, we already know my body works different that others, so take my thoughts for what they are worth

Karin, even in the Smarter Science of Slim he will tell you that weight loss is 95% what you eat. I think when you are feeling it that is when you should exercise. Trying to add it now, to me seems to be just adding another stresser, both when you actually do it and from the guilt when you don't.

It seems to me that with the pressure you are under, maybe maintenance until school gets out is a better way to go. And I bet letting go of the stress of dieting might actually help you to lose weight.

It might also be good to concentrate instead on your "NEAT" which is Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenisis. Which is just a nice way to say, just move more throughout the day, everyday. Then this summer once this concept is part of your norm, you can add something you consider exercise.

Sorry about the kid, in the same way that we were put on this earth to embarrass them, they were put on this earth to push our buttons. Hang in there.

The walk did not happen after school unless you count the grocery shopping I did. DD was in rare form when I got home and she almost escalated it to a physical level. *head desk* Calls into the appropriate people to get some assistance as behaviors are escalating. I think the idea of maintaining until Summer is a good idea BUT I want to LOSE!! I might get an opportunity to go to Alaska next summer with some friends and I do not want to be kicked off a plane for being 2 fat and not buying 2 seats.

I am a realist though and KNOW I can NOT lose if I am stressed unless I quit eating and yeah, that doesn't happen.
    Karin